Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is it looking this year for everybody? I'm in SE Pennsylvania and have stayed out of the woods since I pulled my camera at the beginning of August. The huge oak tree in front of our house is dropping little ones but nothing big yet.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I have seen alot of White Oaks dropping a few weeks ago due to the dry spell we had before all the rain this month. Now with the storm that just pasted through they will prob be blown off.

·
Registered
367 Posts
terrible in the SW part of the state... last yr it was hard to walk down some hill with all the acorns this year they are small and very limited.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Well, may make it tough on the deer. If you have a good Oak in your area you may have a gold mine.

·
Registered
18,986 Posts
Hanging a camera yesterday in SE Pa I saw alot on the ground attached to small branches taken down in the storm. The oaks here appear to be loaded again this year.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I live in Westmoreland County and have 6 White Oaks that line my yard. Last year the crop was awesome, but this year only one of the trees is really putting them down. Fine by me; I will sit on my pool deck and wait them out:cool:

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
Not as good as last year but we will have enough to concentrate the deer again. last year i was rolling my ankle on a mat of giant acorns just trying to walk to my stand. All of my early season stands are on oak flats near fields, usually works great for plugging a few does in the first couple of weeks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts