Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I just got done editing and posting my latest video on my YouTube channel. I was able to self-film a hunt that I will remember forever. My Dad and I had a feeling that the weekend of November 3rd and 4th would be a great time to see some good rutting activity so we planned to be in the woods as much as we could. It Paid Off!

I harvested the Biggest Buck of my life and was able to share the preparation and recovery with my Dad and Brother-in-law. The buck was taken from Venango County in Pennsylvania. I am truly Blessed and humble by the entire experience and wanted to share it.

It was not my greatest shot placement, but I was fortunate to be able to find the deer easily and was able to gain knowledge for future experiences.

I hope that you enjoy the hunt and I would really appreciate the sharing of the video and a thumbs up on YouTube if you liked what you see. If your interested in seeing more of my videos, feel free to check out my channel and Subscribe for future content.

Below is the link to the YouTube video…

Thanks, Joe

https://youtu.be/j9PaG1eHw3E

·
Lou & Jode
10,783 Posts
Good one, I enjoyed that. I usually don't watch hunting videos because most are made by vain DBs or just amount to a commercial with a kill. IMO you kept it genuine and real, good job and congrats.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good one, I enjoyed that. I usually don't watch hunting videos because most are made by vain DBs or just amount to a commercial with a kill. IMO you kept it genuine and real, good job and congrats.
Thank you... I appreciate that and I’m glad you enjoyed it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats !!! You got lucky , shot angle was horrible.
Thanks!

After I reviewed my footage, I thought the same thing. While in the moment I didn't realize we was quartered to me so much. I am usually very good about being patient, but I let the worry of him getting behind me in the thick stuff get to me. Lesson learned...

·
TreeRatNation Lead Rat
6,830 Posts
That's an awesome buck rt there. Congrats. That's where those Rage heads can save your tail,,bad angle shot but that 2in cut really does a #on them inside even on not so perfect shot placements.. Congrats again!! Way to get it done in PA>>

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's an awesome buck rt there. Congrats. That's where those Rage heads can save your tail,,bad angle shot but that 2in cut really does a #on them inside even on not so perfect shot placements.. Congrats again!! Way to get it done in PA>>
Thanks! I agree I’ve been shooting the rage 2in chisel tips for years and have always had great results.

·
TreeRatNation Lead Rat
6,830 Posts
Thanks! I agree I’ve been shooting the rage 2in chisel tips for years and have always had great results.
Ive been shooting the 2.5in chinadermic now for few years and ive had a few less then desirable shot placements. Ive only lost 1 deer and coyotes pushed him the night we let him lay. We found him 2 weeks later after coyotes had done their job. I still believe he would have been found if not for the yotes pushing him. I hit him square in the guts,,100% my fault.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Great job... enjoyed the video... yeah he was quartering to but its hard sometimes.. glad you recovered him... we all need the good breaks now and again... Look forward to watching more vids

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Congrats on a great buck. I have taken that shot angle before on deer, and will take it again. With that angle I aim for the crease between the throat and the front shoulder close to you.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts