Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the countdown is on. 4 days from today. getting my hoyt tuned up with my steel force. christmas in September.:) :)

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
I here ya! I can't wait to get out there with my bow in hand. come on Saturday.....TICK TOCK......TICK TOCK......TICK TOCK! :wink: We're getting closer. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Opening Day

Is anyone going to use scents and/or calls?? If so what?? I'll be in 3C. Didn't get a chance to do much scouting..(working to much). I could use the help.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I used deer dander ONCE. I'm going out with no calls and no scents. I'm hunting acorns and apples on that order.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I won't be using any calls or scents yet. I am sitting over an area where 3 trails come together. It's almost Time!!!!!!!!:) :) :)

·
im not NOT licking toads.
7,717 Posts
ive been waiting since march for this saturday!!!! ill just be using some light contact calls

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
setting up on our property in 2f. . but i don't think i will be using very much scent only a little. Hunt from legal light until 10 ish then heading to camp for a get together.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
2B and 2D for me. I wont start calling till a little later. Maybe some light buck grunts or doe bleats. Nothing except that trails end stuff for scents. CANT WAIT BABY ...if only my teachers would stop hw for these last 3 days

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just the usual scent control and a few contact calls, grut call, and probably the bleat can.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I will be using very little scents maybe a little curiousity scent and some fawn bleats and social calling.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I'm really getting pumped up....been seeing a lot of big bucks around the area. Weather is gonna be nice and cool so the deer should be moving in the wee hours. I'll just be using cover up sent and maybe some come here dear or how ever u spell it...lol.

·
Registered
237 Posts
yippy!!!!!

:RockOn: :RockOn: :RockOn: :RockOn: Probably, some light grunts & doe bleats at first light. As for scents ; curiosity, or vanilla on the ground, earth scent on me,- I can't wait to get started. Good Luck to all!!!!:RockOn: :RockOn: :RockOn: :RockOn: :RockOn: :RockOn:

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Cant wait to get out in the woods...Might use some curiosity scent and maybe a couple fawn bleats but not much...GOOD LUCK :darkbeer: :darkbeer:

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
Nope, with so little pressure on them I know where they will be walking first day or 2 at least!

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! (Its 3 days now)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I'll be in 4C the great deer mecca of Lehigh County, dawn to dusk or when a 7or better is down. (or the wife gets one)

No scents, no calls....dont touch the stuff till the rut and then not often.

Good luck folks, backstraps on Sunday.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts