Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
im not NOT licking toads.
7,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad: :mad:

i cant believe this crap,i have been shooting 3d since march. and have my broadheads hitting right with my field points,tree stand is ready , clothes are ready,i have a great spot picked out, but just this monday afternoon at work the flu (or something) hit me so hard that ive missed 2 days of work (wed and today) now usualy i can deal with a cold ,but this is something more , i cant breathe well at all,it feels like someone is sitting on my chest ,i mean i can take deep breaths if i force it ,but it dosent feel like im getting any oxygen, i am going to be sooooooooo P.O. 'd if i have to miss tomorrow!!!!

sorry , just had to get out my frustrations

·
When's bow season start?
8,927 Posts
I feel for you. :cry:

I did get out on 09/15 (MD's opening day), but no shots. Since then I've been sidelined with the same crap as you. No fever, but horrible chest congestion and coughing that's not condusive to bowhunting.

Hope you feel better soon.

·
7,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey thanks, must just be going around , 2 other drivers where i work have it too

i wonder if a plastic bubble will fit around my treestand LOL

·
7,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Viper69 said:
That happened to me last year and I hunted anyway. But it does suck to hunt while that sick. :sad:

tell me about it! i always seem to get sick before bow or rifle season

·
Registered
444 Posts
I hear you bud!!! I've been home from work all week. I just can't shake this cold. I guess it's better to be sick now and not during the rut. Good luck.

·
When's bow season start?
8,927 Posts
It is going around, at least in the MD-PA-DE-VA area.

Good news: the "feeling crappy" phase last about 2-3 days, tops.

Bad news: the congestion, phlegm and mucus coughing lasts about three weeks! :eek:

·
Registered
447 Posts
I had it last week and weekend. Just cleared Wed. My Doc is a friend and he said take Robitussin PE. It is non drowsy and it really worked. You can take it every 4 hrs. Keeps head and chest conjestion clear.
Go for it and get out there!

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Bloodychunk (<--hope you dont blow those!), I feel for you.. I started getting sick LAST NIGHT and now im basically feeling like what youve desribed (your whole post pretty mcuh would be the same as mine)... Tomorrow is the day, and one way or another im gonna be in a tree...

·
Registered
438 Posts
Nothing better for ya than fresh air. Get your behind out there and quit yer complainin. :wink:

·
Killing&Grilling in MD
415 Posts
Same here!I got out on Sat, the 16th.I was miserable.Fever,shake cold,but on the good side we did see 14 deer,tho none came within bow range.

I have been sick for 2 weeks.I have done everything the DR's have said and I still haven't been able to hunt.I have had it.I'm going this afternoon even if it kills me...lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts