Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
sooooo

ready. It could start Saturday. Gear is washed. Bow shootin BH's perfect to 40yds.
Hate that others are hunting already. Jealous...
Seen 5 bucks, 4 shooters last weekend. One had great mass. All four were mounters.

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
If tomorrow was opening day I'd be ready to rock. Man, September 30th can't get here fast enough :cry:

·
Master Class
8,199 Posts
I got 3 stands up and 3 to go. Takes me a couple days to recuperate before I can get another one up. This getting old just isn't any fun, but still am crazy about taking them whitetails. Having trouble figuring which one to spend the most time on. The 12 point is really nice but the one 10 point has about a 25" spread but the other 10 point is 22" but he is in an area that I can take em easier. Then theres the 12 point up the road a couple miles That is in the tuffest woods out there. Then my wife saw the biggest buck she ever saw just down the road the other day. Them my neigbor told me about the big 12 pointer he saw in another area close by. Now i don't know which way to go. Being retired really isn't to bad. Having a blast :darkbeer:

·
Registered
447 Posts
draw29 said:
I got 3 stands up and 3 to go. Takes me a couple days to recuperate before I can get another one up. This getting old just isn't any fun, but still am crazy about taking them whitetails. Having trouble figuring which one to spend the most time on. The 12 point is really nice but the one 10 point has about a 25" spread but the other 10 point is 22" but he is in an area that I can take em easier. Then theres the 12 point up the road a couple miles That is in the tuffest woods out there. Then my wife saw the biggest buck she ever saw just down the road the other day. Them my neigbor told me about the big 12 pointer he saw in another area close by. Now i don't know which way to go. Being retired really isn't to bad. Having a blast :darkbeer:
Man, I thought I had a honey hole!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
3 stands up and all the squeaks out of them, Trykon XL is pounding aluminum together out to 40 yds, knives are sharp and a final trip to Cabelas in Hamburg is coming up for last minute odds and ends.

I love the PA arhery season, especially when the leaves change, the first frosty morning, etc. Believe it or not, I was scouting yesterday in my woods and there is some pre rut activity going on, I saw 2 light scrapes and a few small rubs, must be the recent batch of cool weather.

I am charged up, taking the first 4 days of the season off and the wifes hunting the first day too.

Good luck this season guys.

·
Hunt By Faith Not By Site
5,275 Posts
I'm ready just have to wash the hunting clothes and that's it.

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
I am washing the clothes today! Everything else is ready. Been shooting 3Ds the last month with my hunting arrows, 6 arrows tuned with Montecs and I am shooting like a machine! Saw a few nice bucks and a bunch of fat, tender does. I am READY! Bring it on!!

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
did a little scouting a few weeks ago..........

I set a bow up earlier this week to hunt with............

Pearson gen 2, whisker biscut and beman arrows along with magnus broadheads....:):):):):):):)

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
everyone is ready ! THE DAY BEFORE GANDER MOUNTIAN WILL HAVE A LINE OUT THE DOOR !! people getting their bow tuned up because this will be the first time in a year they looked at it ! buying B/H's that are guaranteed to fly like a field point !(says it on the package) and a deer mirror also .:rolleyes:
and hunters DON'T forget that two way radio ! we all need to hear you & your friend talking about work as your walking through the woods under my stand !:mad: LOL ! happens every year !
GOOD LUCK GUYS !

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
ready

Im ready. I have my location narrowed down to two stands. Both look sweet, but it depends on the pics on the trail cam for the next few weeks. Good luck, I cant wait!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am ready since I just got my bow tuned up yesterday. I havent seen any scrapes yet. So what wmu everyone hunting on first day?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts