Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All you PA guys ready to rock and roll??????????

·
Registered
541 Posts
You better believe it! As a matter of fact, I already loaded up the new Bowbat I bought with all my stuff. I could go right now if it were the first day!! Greene Co. and West Virginia here I come.:)

·
Registered
539 Posts
Mentally=YES, Equipment and broadheads=

Nope. I am serious. Since Aug. 5th until opening day I will have a total of 4 days off of work. I just got done working 26 days in a row. I am getting ready now to fletch my new hunting arrows and then tune them for broadheads. Hopefully by the end of this week I will be ready.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just hope this year opening day isn't as HOT as it was last year........ Regardless, I'll be perched in my Lone Wolf!!

·
Super Moderator
22,689 Posts
Am I ready??? That's an understatement! I am more excited this year than any of the past 10 years I've hunted. This is the first year I've used a trail cam at my new "honey hole" and boy oh boy am I fired up. I have some very, very nice buck travelling through normally around 0700 and I am excited as ever to sit in my stand with bow in hand awaiting one of them to pass by.... I've been shooting my bow 3 or 4 times a week for the past 5 months to the point of where I am more comfortable with my equipment than I ever have been. Good luck to everyone and be safe!

- Randy

·
Registered
541 Posts
PA.Bucks said:
I just hope this year opening day isn't as HOT as it was last year........ Regardless, I'll be perched in my Lone Wolf!!
This is the first year in a long time that I am going to hunt the first day. I am always working 6 to 7 days a week this time of year and never close to my bow spot. But the job site I'm working at now, I can be there in 20 minutes. I get off work at 4 in the morning. I will be able to hunt the mornings up to 9:30.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know all about working all night and staying up to hunt............ Usually by 9am Im ready to fall out of the tree especially if the action is slow, It's tough, I know.

·
Registered
541 Posts
PA.Bucks said:
I know all about working all night and staying up to hunt............ Usually by 9am Im ready to fall out of the tree especially if the action is slow, It's tough, I know.
The majority of the bucks I get is usually before 9:30. I just hope the same holds true this year:tongue: . If not, so be it. I just enjoy being out in the woods!!!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm alittle late. Just cut down and glued inserts in my new arrows tonight.

But I'll be ready by the 30th!

Good luck all.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Smokey84 said:
I'm alittle late. Just cut down and glued inserts in my new arrows tonight.

But I'll be ready by the 30th!

Good luck all.
Your not to late bud. Do you hunt in South West Pa.? I'll be in Somerset and Greene counties this year.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Almost ready...Tuning my Strikers tommorrow b4 work and washin the camo and im all set..

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll be in butler and Allegheny county

·
Registered
206 Posts
Kickin_Killa said:
Your not to late bud. Do you hunt in South West Pa.? I'll be in Somerset and Greene counties this year.
I just wish I had done alot more shooting already. But I have all this week to get caught up right? hehe

I'm in Washington county right between the 2A and 2B border. Hopefully I'll get my doe permit for each.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I work with a few guys that live near Prosperity and they keep telling me to go with them. One of the guys has 100 acres that he says no one hunts. I may have to go check it out.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Sounds like a good deal man. This will be my second season hunting our family property. Still have alot more to understand about the land but that's half the fun!

·
Registered
541 Posts
I like this picture because of the turkeys in it. Between the two turkeys on the right there is a straight tree in the background. I killed an 8 and 9 point out of that tree the past two archery seasons. That is my favorite tree in Pa..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Soon, clothes are hanging out right now, bows are tuned and eastons are smacking together.

The cool temps have been nice, I hope they hold thru the first week of October. The oaks are produceing a good acorn crop in my woods this year,there is alot of browse, and the farmers are taking out corn already.

Could be a really good season.....

·
Registered
18,971 Posts
Holy smokes :eek: , no response from Pabowhunter4life. I was sure I'd see alot of LOL's and "bud" in this one!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts