Archery Talk Forum banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts
re

Im ready! I cant wait. This was a perfect weekend for hunting, so I had a hard time not hunting. I did some scouting and found some nice late season hunting spots(lots of oaks.) :) I cant wait!!!

hayslope said:
The closer it gets, the more useless I become ! My focus on anything else is seriously diminishing!
That pretty much sums it up. Who can work when hunting season starts in 12 days?

Yes!!

Definitely ready to rock and roll. The first time in 6 seasons I'll have a brand new bow in hand for daylight to break on the first day. Comfortable with the bow, broadheads tuned, stands set and heart already racing at the thought of that P&Y buck feeding under the white oak tree 20 yards from my honey hole stand.

PA.Bucks,

I know exactly what you mean about the heat last year. It was nice in the morning, but by afternoon, I was cooking in the stand. Shot a big doe at last light on the first day last year, and by the time I got her back to the house, I was completely soaked w/ sweat. This end of the summer cool trend has me expecting some cool weather by the end of the month, but the temp. this past weekend and today has me wondering:confused:

Safe hunting and good luck to everyone! Come on September 30...

Can't Wait

Like a kid waiting for Christmas to arrive. Going to try something new this year, hunting from a ground blind in some areas. Picked up a Double Bull Matrix blind and have been practicing quite a bit with it. Really nice blind and easy to shoot from. Doe tags for 2D finally came in the mail on Saturday and all my equipment is ready to go. Just can't wait for the 30th to get here.

.....I would like to add a good luck message to all of you guys. Play it safe out there, wear your harnesses.....

Beamen123 said:
Here are a few trail cam pictures I've gotten in the private land I hunt in Bradford County. Not too shabby for mountain buck...

Darn nice mountain buck...Erie County boy's are ready!

i will be at a golf outting on saturday, but am ready for the following week....you'll be able to find me in either washington, fayette, westmoreland or somerset.... mostly wash and fayette....

PennsWoods said:
I haven't scouted like I planned (multire camera not doing so good). I have been shooting but thinking about swithcing from mech to fixed. Better make a decision?????
G5 Striker is the way to go. :thumbs_up Personally, it's THE best broadhead I've ever shot. Period.

After seeing all the great looking bucks I had to go check my trail cameras. One isn't working but the other one had 18 pictures so that's a good sign. Of course I'm still in the dark ages and have to get the film developed. Maybe I can talk the wife into a new one. :)

I am so ready, I almost can't stand it. I've been shooting regularly since January. I switched to G5 Strikers for this year, and they are shooting on the spot at 20, 30 and 40 yards. I have two Lone Wolfs hung. And, my wife got me a laser range finder for my birthday. Archery season is my absolute favorite time of year. Last year, I shot a nice 8-point at 15 minutes after sunrise on the first day. Then had the biggest deer I've ever had in bow range walk 5 yards past my stand while hunting does during the rut. I didn't mind, I was still happy with my 8-pointer, and was just glad I got to see such a huge buck up close.

Ready here too. Will be hunting out of a DB Matrix some this year. I got tired of seeing good hunting spots but having no trees around to hunt out of. There is a drop-tine buck this year also where I hunt. He is a main frame 10 or 11 plus the drop. Also several really good 8 and 10 pointers as well. I know a few will go P&Y. From what I've heard, guys are seeing more larger bucks this year than in the past.

Good luck to everyone.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.