Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I just got done editing and posting my latest video on my YouTube channel. In this video I share the awesome highlights of my 2016 Western Pennsylvania Archery Season. There is some great buck footage, a big buck fight, and my self-filmed buck kill with the story of the hunt along with it. Give it a watch if you'd like.

I would really appreciate the sharing of the video and a thumbs up on Youtube if you liked what you see.

Thanks and Enjoy,

Joe

https://youtu.be/lZ2elUgVjTM

·
Registered
360 Posts
Great footage, enjoyed it. What you filmed was an early season sparring match, they weren't fighting. Just an early season test of the waters so to speak. When an actual fight breaks out, there is no 'stop to eat together' session, and it's about 5 times more aggressive. Way cool either way though, & nice buck!

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Great video and buck congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks. Yes that's true.... It was definitely still fun to watch. I would love to see an all out grudge match between two bucks one day, where they aren't holding anything back.

Great footage, enjoyed it. What you filmed was an early season sparring match, they weren't fighting. Just an early season test of the waters so to speak. When an actual fight breaks out, there is no 'stop to eat together' session, and it's about 5 times more aggressive. Way cool either way though, & nice buck!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Nice video, I have some crappy iphone footage of a young bachelor group of about 5 deer just sparing early in October one year. It was almost like they were practicing, they would take turns and while 2 fought the other 3 would literally lay down at times and eat in the field. Fun to watch, also great to actually hear a real 'fight' in the woods and have something to go by when rattling. I noticed you use the same rattle contraption I do, had you used it at all that hunt?

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Great footage. Which WMU do you hunt?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice video, I have some crappy iphone footage of a young bachelor group of about 5 deer just sparing early in October one year. It was almost like they were practicing, they would take turns and while 2 fought the other 3 would literally lay down at times and eat in the field. Fun to watch, also great to actually hear a real 'fight' in the woods and have something to go by when rattling. I noticed you use the same rattle contraption I do, had you used it at all that hunt?
No I didn't use it on this hunt. Im still not sure about it... I have never actually called in a buck with that style of rattle call. I like how convenient it is to attach to my bag when walking it but thats about all I like so far. The only buck I ever called in by rattling was with an old cheep rattle bag (with wooden sticks in it)

·
Registered
505 Posts
watching it now!! looking like a great video so far. whats your filming set up consist of?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
watching it now!! looking like a great video so far. whats your filming set up consist of?
Tree Arm: Muddy Hunter (Which I don't think they make anymore) They have the Outfitter model which is pretty close
Main Camera: Sony Handycam cx110
Camera Remote: Varizoom VZrock
Second Angle: Go Pro Hero 4 Silver

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
tagged I have to watch it later.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts