Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems I am seeing more and more coyotes on my cams. I had never seen one with such a dark face, like this one before.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess that could be. I thought that at first, but don't know anyone near that property that owns a husky.

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
23,763 Posts
Awesome yote, that pelt would have some value. I was just talking with the president of one of my leases in Potter, he shared that two guys on our lease both trapped a black phase each.....too bad the pic you have is IR...would be cool to see if this is a variation of a standard and black phase Yote. Either way, awesome catch....he's a biggun too!

Nice catch!

Joe

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
It's a coyote. I shot a mostly black one in Pa a couple years ago. Then a couple weeks later I was jogging with my dog when one of its brothers or sisters ran across in front of me. It also was predominantly black. Over the last 5 years I have see all kinds of different colored coyotes in the two states that I hunt. Some a very pretty but get a bullet or arrow sent their way just the same.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I saw a black one with a very bushy tail in archery season, in fact Tye I think it had just feeding on the guts of the doe you shot at my place. Unfortunately it was at 50 yards and moving. It was very pretty, but I would like them all gone.

·
Registered
111 Posts
We took a black one off our farm last year. There are pics of another one. Also, our coyotes look very healthy, previous years they were mangy looking and never on trail camera, but this year they seem to be fuller coats, healthier and more abundant. Some are pretty decent sized dogs and we keep seeing them in groups of 3's. Never a single dog.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Thats a cool lookin' yote! Wish i could call one in like him!

·
Registered
19,026 Posts
Good looking animal. I get quite a few at my place upstate, on camera. It's cyclic.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
I shot a jet black one in Pike County that had a white throat patch during bear season a few years back. Weighed 48 pounds. When I first saw it I thought it was a bear cub running through the swamp. An old guy offered me $500 cash for it when I was carrying it out. Probably should have sold it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts