Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ill right guys,

Im from PA just getting into food plots. How many of you have had some success with them in PA.
Share your photos of your plot and animals that frequent your plot. Tell us what you planted and why you like it.
Let see how many get on this thread

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I am into my 3rd year with 1 plot and 2nd year on another. I started by clearing a sunny area in a thicket of brush and vines. I have some very good hunting property, but it was almost in accesible because of steep hills. I purchased a used Bobcat T180 track machine. It was great for putting in trails and clearing brush and small trees. The first year I just let the natural plants fill in, and I can say that makes a great food plot with minimal expense. In PA the weeds will grow and the deer love it. The second year I used the Bobcat to dig up the weeds and widen the sunny plot, put down some lime and some Imperial seed. I also planted small Apple and Pear trees and put them in a cage so the deer would not destroy them. I have thousands of pictures of deer in the small plot, they are still coming. The other plot was not as successful as it was not as sunny, and the deer destroyed it pretty early.

As a side note I got two bucks in 2 years with 75 yards of the plot, not in the plot. The most recent one was the buck of a lifetime scoring 170 2/8 net (top 22 in the state). I cannot say it was all because of the food plot, but it did hold the does and the does bring the bucks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts