Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
Mathews Chill X
6,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im just curious if the PA season is a bit slow where you guys are at? I have not seen many deer, and I have been in the woods a lot. I am sure it has a lot to do with the heat. It was in the 70's om saturday and monday:confused:

I hope once it cools off (which should be this weekend) things start to fall into place.

Is it slow where you guys/gals are?

Thanx for your input, Isaac

· Registered
12,614 Posts
Yup . . nothing new here. Been slow for a couple of years now . . . except in the Suburban areas I hunt. Lots of deer there.

· Registered
2,845 Posts
It hasn't been spectacular by any means, but it hasn't been slow either here in SW PA. I've seen alot of bucks and does, just haven't seen anything big enough during daylight or outside of Sunday. Also seeing alot more deer this year. I saw the long term forcast for the next 15 days and its suppose to get alot colder.

· Registered
Mathews Chill X
6,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
re

thanx for the replies. It does appear that the forecast is to get much cooler. A drop of 20 degrees should get em moving after the full moon. :)

· Registered
1,302 Posts
slow

I have to agree. It's been a little slow. Slower than last year.

· IS IT BOW SEASON YET
1,942 Posts
i have seen 3 deer so far this season and all of my hunting buddies havent really seen alot either hopefully it will pick up soon....it started out like this last year and ended up being one of my best season not by deer number wise just by big bucks...good luck to u all this season have fun and becareful

· Registered
12,614 Posts
It hasn't been spectacular by any means, but it hasn't been slow either here in SW PA. I've seen alot of bucks and does, just haven't seen anything big enough during daylight or outside of Sunday. Also seeing alot more deer this year. I saw the long term forcast for the next 15 days and its suppose to get alot colder.
We came through SW PA on a trip back from Iowa in July. I did see A LOT of deer in the fields along the highways there. In fact, we came through near dusk and nearly every field had a bunch of deer including many bucks. Good luck out there!

· Registered
1,738 Posts
yes, slow all the time around here. so far, i've been in the stand for 17 hrs. and have only seen a button buck and a spike. both were within 2 hrs. of each other.

i did have three rather large deer, one heavily racked run across the trail i was riding my ATV on last night though. might have to look into hunting that area.

· Registered
1,444 Posts
deer

Saturday afternoon and monday afternoon were very slow, now a deer moving. Didn't even see any in the fields after I got out of my tree stand.

· Registered
315 Posts
yes, slow all the time around here. so far, i've been in the stand for 17 hrs. and have only seen a button buck and a spike. both were within 2 hrs. of each other.

i did have three rather large deer, one heavily racked run across the trail i was riding my ATV on last night though. might have to look into hunting that area.
If that was you last night, I apologize for the things I said under my breath about you:zip: Twenty minutes before dark I had some deer moving in to me. Just then, an atv with two people on it came and sent them running:mad:

I agree with what was said already. Warm temps and full moon are keeping things slow for now.

· Registered
3,218 Posts
I've been out 3x. I saw 2 does on opening day-that was it. Only gobblers the last 2x. I think once the 25th of the month hits things will pick up. I'm seeing the sign, I now have to put the pieces of the puzzle together!

· Registered
Mathews Chill X
6,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
re

I have been on stand ( in 5 different locations) for a total of roughly 50 hours and Ive only seen 11 deer. Its a bit slow, but last year in the heat started slow and ended up being a good year.

· Registered
123 Posts
I've only been on stand two evenings. Monday a week ago I had a 4 pt under my stand for ten minutes and saw a big bodied deer across some feilds on my way out but couldn't tell what it was. Last thursday had a flock of 18 or so turkeys come through and then three does. I took the lead doe. I'm feeling pretty good about the season so far. We'll see if it picks up when it gets cooler.

· World & National Champion
34,042 Posts
Other then the first morning it's been pretty slow here also. I seen 10 deer with 3 shooter buck the first morning and not a deer since. A coupe more weeks and it will get better. I was hoping to luck into one early this year.

· Registered
517 Posts
Had a 5 point chasing a doe on Saturday in Montgomery County. After he ran off the doe I called him in to within 25 yards (broadside) with my grunt call. Nice shot if I chose to take it. Just having a little fun with him! :wink: I thought the fact that he was chasing a doe on the 2nd Saturday of October was a good sign. Maybe it will be a good rut this year. I have the last 2 weeks of the season off from work so I have high hopes.

· Registered
29 Posts
Been real slow, First time in 5 years I have sat more that twice and not seen a deer. So far I have 5 sits in 3 different locations with no activity. Same spots past few years were more or less guranteed to produce at least a sighting.

· Registered
6,628 Posts
11 hours logged so far, I have seen 1 doe and this is in Allegheny County mind you :eek:

The sign is there (tracks, rubs, droppings, etc.) but for whatever reason I'm just not having any luck. That being said, I have had them moving around me but due to how thick everything is in my spots I never got a look at them.

With the temps and the leaves dropping though I have a feeling it's just a matter of time :darkbeer:

· Registered
2,915 Posts
Nothin great so far..three bucks..took one doe..havent seen a whole heck of alot and I'm also hunting Allegheny...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.