Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
12,048 Posts
First few days I didnt see a single deer other than the one my brother shot opening day. I hunted a cornfield until switching to a stand located in an apple orchard and man did I hit the jackpot. I had deer all around me till dark. I even had a small buck chasing a doe and fawn around grunting at them for over a half hour. He was scent trailing her the whole time. I hunted the stand two days later and harvested my second archery buck at 5:30pm. A nice 8pt

· THWACK!!!!
9,954 Posts
pa

I think this weather stinks for hunting. I know you have to be in the area the deer are using and be there at the right time. However I just can't bring myself to go out when its this warm out. I will opt to wait until it drops in temperature some. I would be soaked from sweating if I went out after work in the afternoon until I got to my stand.:mad:

· Registered
3,583 Posts
my hunting so far in PA.

shot 2 healthy does so far, only a couple small buck sightings. I still have 3 doe tags left, plan on using one more this coming week then pocketing the last 2. Stocking the freezer is so much fun.:tongue:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.