Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to day me and dave johonson took my cousin on the youth hunt and got him a nice 20# bird with a 9 1/2 inch rope. we hunted all morning and were all over bird just could not get them to come in so we were watching these birds and went after them they were 5 toms and a couple jakes with a few hens. We got in position and started to call to them and they would not respond. Untill me and dave started to cut and yelp back and forth on are mouth calls. Then the hens started to do it back so we kept doing it untill they closed the distance we started to call softer and the hens and jakes came in and the big tom's fallowed. They got about 20 yards away he shot and missed and he ran about 20 yards cut his leg pretty bad but he got a fallow up shot and smoked him we got the bird just in time it was 11:30 when he shot it and noon when we got back to the car. He did not shoot the big strutter that had atleast a 10 1/2 maybe 11 inch.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Congrats!

Can't wait to get out there next weekend!!!:thumbs_up:wink:

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
to day me and dave johonson took my cousin on the youth hunt and got him a nice 20# bird with a 9 1/2 inch rope. we hunted all morning and were all over bird just could not get them to come in so we were watching these birds and went after them they were 5 toms and a couple jakes with a few hens. We got in position and started to call to them and they would not respond. Untill me and dave started to cut and yelp back and forth on are mouth calls. Then the hens started to do it back so we kept doing it untill they closed the distance we started to call softer and the hens and jakes came in and the big tom's fallowed. They got about 20 yards away he shot and missed and he ran about 20 yards cut his leg pretty bad but he got a fallow up shot and smoked him we got the bird just in time it was 11:30 when he shot it and noon when we got back to the car. He did not shoot the big strutter that had atleast a 10 1/2 maybe 11 inch.
i call first shot next week:p

·
Registered
89 Posts
i took my brother out this mornin and we didnt even hear anything:confused:. And i have to work next weekend but hopefully i can get him one :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts