Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
If you don't need to carry a lot of stuff use a hip pack (that 's what I use) from badlands. They also have several backpacks to choose from if you don't like the hip pack idea

·
Registered
723 Posts
I use a tenzing turkey vest and it's very well made though the pockets could be bigger. I've never used that exact pack. I do use a badlands and I've had it a while with zero complaints. Just another consideration

·
Registered
187 Posts
Put over 20 hiking miles on my alps pursuit in the last month or so and I'm really liking it. Hip strap is removable if you think it's too cumbersome. It has a small frame built in for more support as well (and not as expensive as a tenzing).

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Bowtech Realm X and PSE Inertia 50lbs
4,462 Posts
I have the Alps Pathfinder, I like it but really liked my old Fieldline thirty dollar pack better. If I were to do it again, I would go to a Wally World and pick up another cheap pack.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I really like the cat quiver packs by rancho safari. I also do not like having a quiver mounted on my bow so it is a nice option with straps I carry my coat & bibs on to keep from getting hot walking in.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I use a lumbar pack that has shoulder straps (detachable if preferred).
Most of the space inside gets taken up by the hydration bladder and a pack of game bags.
Plenty of space for a typical day trek.

·
Waiting for opening day
2,337 Posts
I use a fanny pack similar to this one for the gear I always need (tags, draw rope, range finder, wind indicator, binos, gps, maps, etc). So I only need a pack to carry outer layers.

FannyPack.jpg

·
Registered
303 Posts
I use a cheaper Alps pack, I have a BadLands pack as well that I got as bonus from Hunt Vault that I'll be using as well.

I've used cheap backpacks as well. I don't buy into spending large sums on a pack for a day trip to the stand or field.

·
Team #9
8,765 Posts
I have the Tenzing 2220 love it but its good size if I was you I would look at the 1200 I will get one of them too
soon for short trips and sits...

·
Registered
675 Posts
Tenzig TC 1500. 👍🏻

·
Just Do It.....
30,245 Posts
I got me a Camelbak Rubicon this spring and its an awesome pack....better than the Camelbak Motherload I was using...now the motherload is my gym pack.

Rubicon has some great features. 100 oz hydration bladder sits against the small of your back and is accessed via a zipper above the waist belt, two largest compartments zip open all the way like a suitcase and the main compartment has an extra zipper pulls so you can access inside of it from the side. Its the best day pack I have ever owned.

·
The Impartial Archer
18,756 Posts
I use a fanny pack similar to this one for the gear I always need (tags, draw rope, range finder, wind indicator, binos, gps, maps, etc). So I only need a pack to carry outer layers.

View attachment 6210755
That's what I use as well........I don't like taking anymore than I have to in the woods for a day hunt. I like even smaller fanny packs than that but they are getting harder to find. I'm not going camping.......just hunting for 6 hours...so I fit all I need and many things I don't (but take anyway) in a small fanny pack.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
The only reason I carry a pack is because of camera equipment. If it wasn't for that I typically had enough pockets to carry what I needed or I used a hip pack. I tend to carry way more than I need now because of the pack.

It is ok for hunting general stands but it sucks when I use a climber running and gunning. I don't do it much but I did it in NE last year after I filled my Iowa tag. I would get everything in the pack and then I strapped my tree stand into my pack. That was a heavy *****.

·
Just Do It.....
30,245 Posts
It all depends on the situations you are in ...I use one pack for all season, hot and cold, near spots and far spots, rain or shine, all day or for one hour...that way I do not find that I forgot something at the wrong time.

If no pack works well for you then have at it. No one way is the best for everyone.

·
faller downer
2,654 Posts
some good packs on the AT classifieds for sale from time to time. $100 seems alot to spend on just a white tail pack..that being said i have A cabelas Back pack that's used in Colorado Elk hunting comes with a hydration bladder that was never used. I just moved so I'd have to find it..its blaze orange LOL I'd sell ya for $50 TYD. I'll never use it again because I live on my own land now. I took it Bow hunting and put some camo on it..everything works just fine

this is it

http://www.cabelas.com/product/camp...abelas-whitetail-day-hunting-pack/1608702.uts

1 - 20 of 27 Posts