Archery Talk Forum banner

Paid for a stinger, got a brute x!

1591 Views 24 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  RobinHoodx2
I recently bid on and won what was advertised as a used 2012 PSE Stinger 3G 29/70 in all black finish on E-BAY. When the package arrived today via FED EX, I noticed it said Brute X on the factory sticker on the box. I figured the seller must have shipped the Stinger in a different box. I was wrong! There was actually a brand new 2012 Brute X 29/70 in Skullworks camo finish in the box.

When I did a Serial# search on the PSE site it said the Stinger had already been registered. This confirmed that the advertised Stinger was in fact used.

I also did a search on the Brute bow the seller sent. It said registration had not been completed yet.

I am writing this post to get a general consensus on what actions (if any) I should take!

???? WHAT WOULD YOU DO ????​
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
933 Posts
At least give the seller a call/email and let him know. He might just say keep it.

· Registered
933 Posts
It is a step up from the Stinger.

· Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
man up...you know what's right!
I do know what's right! So I called the seller.

She said they made a mistake on the order and sent me the wrong bow. I told her I would re-close the box and send it back.

She told me it would be impossible to send me the correct bow because they already sold every bow they had and they never offered a brute x for sale and didn't even know they had one, let alone a new one. She said that according to her paperwork all they ever had for sale were stingers and every bow they had for sale was already prepackaged and all identical. The only one removed from the box was the one they took a picture of for the E-BAY listing.

She said thanks for the call and the bow is mine unless I wanted to file an "Item not as described" case with E-BAY.

CRAZY!!

· Registered
20,555 Posts

She said they made a mistake on the order and sent me the wrong bow. I told her I would re-close the box and send it back.

She told me it would be impossible to send me the correct bow because they already sold every bow they had and they never offered a brute x for sale and didn't even know they had one, let alone a new one. She said that according to her paperwork all they ever had for sale were stingers and every bow they had for sale was already prepackaged and all identical. The only one removed from the box was the one they took a picture of for the E-BAY listing.

She said thanks for the call and the bow is mine unless I wanted to file an "Item not as described" case with E-BAY.

CRAZY!!
congrats, good day for you.

· Registered
5,018 Posts
I would threaten the seller with a LAWSUIT! You paid for a stinger, and now have a BRAND NEW Brute. I would sue for pain and suffering PLUSS mental damage.

· Registered
919 Posts

CRAZY!!
Bonus!!! That's some good karma right there. Let's see some pics of the new toy.

· Registered
681 Posts
Merry Christmas

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.