Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right good folks, I know quite a few of you repair your 3-D targets, I've done a few myself, question is what do you use for paint. I've used rattle can and what not, but it soaks in and doesn't really seal the foam. weather takes it's toll worse on targets that the foam isn't sealed well and they become real brittle and shoot out easier. What type of paint would work better?????? should a person use a heavy epoxy paint to seal it. oppinions and feed back welcome. I should title this just dry fired my Monster and I know I would get posts back LOL

·
NC ASA Director
36,016 Posts
latex

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
I used the paint that came in a camo kit, it worked alright for alittle while until mother nature took it's toll:(

·
Registered
750 Posts
I refinish all my targets every year, I use exterior latex paint, tinted to match and then use krylon spray paint where needed over the latex to final match the color.

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Take a hunk of the foam from the critter to the Depot and tell em to Match it:darkbeer:

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
latex house paint works great, put it on nice and heavy with a brush

then you can use a spray can for the small finishing touches like the other guy said (like the white on the belly of a deer target)

it's easier to bring the color samples home to match them to the target than it is to take the target to the store, though I'm sure it would be good for some laughs from the guy behind the counter and the other customers in the store

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
latex house paint works great, put it on nice and heavy with a brush

then you can use a spray can for the small finishing touches like the other guy said (like the white on the belly of a deer target)

it's easier to bring the color samples home to match them to the target than it is to take the target to the store, though I'm sure it would be good for some laughs from the guy behind the counter and the other customers in the store
Where's your sense of adventure Bert?:chortle:

We just took the inserts was all.:wink:

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't have a Monster, but If I had one I'd be smart enough not to dry fire it. I just figured if I titled the thread that it would get more response and probably be 3 pages long by now. LOL
GO BOWTECH !!!!!!!!! Just had to throw that in there

·
Registered
18 Posts
Don't have a Monster, but If I had one I'd be smart enough not to dry fire it. I just figured if I titled the thread that it would get more response and probably be 3 pages long by now. LOL
GO BOWTECH !!!!!!!!! Just had to throw that in there
you should have used spellchck thats not the way you spell BLOWTECH!!!!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts