Archery Talk Forum banner

Painting a Quiver

815 7
Just wondering if anyone out there has ever painted their quiver. I am wanting a Black Treelimb Premium quiver and the closest tat they make is a black carbon fiber. So if anyone has painted their quiver let's see some pics so I can see how it turned out.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3,284 Posts
im sure if you took some flat black spray paint and put about 5 coats on it would look fine but brush would scratch it all up.actually i have the carbon fiber one and i love it, it looks great. i would go with the carbon fiber.

· Registered
12,940 Posts
I painted my Matty T-7 flat Black and it looked fine ... use good paint... Heck in the old days we painted everything bow included .... Use good paint and it comes out great

· Registered
5,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im sure if you took some flat black spray paint and put about 5 coats on it would look fine but brush would scratch it all up.actually i have the carbon fiber one and i love it, it looks great. i would go with the carbon fiber.

Post a pic of it on here and if you can have it on your bow. Thanks

· Registered
6,854 Posts
I used the Durocoat bumper paint and prepped/primed it with the special primer that they sell that helps the paint adhere and it held up just fine. I painted the Octane 1 piece.

· Fat Jesus
29,133 Posts
I used the Durocoat bumper paint and prepped/primed it with the special primer that they sell that helps the paint adhere and it held up just fine. I painted the Octane 1 piece.

That's probably about the best way to do it. The bumper cover paint is normally flat black and you can get it a autoparts store in a rattle can. That paint is made to go on plastics and it does a good job and lays down really smooth. Prep is the key to painting anything. Scuff the quiver with a scotchbrite pad, wash it really well, let it dry, prime it, let it dry then scuff the primer coat with a scotchbrite pad wash it again then start putting the paint on it....Remember light coats. just mist the first coat or two on there then start putting it on heavier "just dont run it off in the floor,lol". Also try to avoid touching the area your wanting to paint anymore than you have to, your skin will transmit oils onto the area which can casue the paint to raise or fisheye. Something like non=powdered surgical gloves are a good idea when painting to keep the oils off.

· Registered
322 Posts
They make paint that is made for painting plastic, that is what i have used to paint quivers and has worked great. Just do some light sanding for the prep and make sure u clean the surface well after sanding.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.