Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long do you think the paint smell from a treestand if you paint it with spray paint lasts. Our season starts on sat. do you think its to late to paint my stand cause it really needs it bad. it sticks out when you walk by it.

·
Registered
982 Posts
If you hunt high human activity areas like me, I'd say paint it then stay out for a couple of weeks. For wild areas, go with bcoulter's ideas. (but I don't like limbs on my stands, they move when you do if they're attached to the stand)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks I ended up painting it a flat black with some light green and brown going through. Do you think once the first rain hits it the scent will be pretty much gone.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Leave it outside for a week or so and the smell should be gone.

·
Registered
69 Posts
too late....don't paint...

·
Registered
16,024 Posts
javabird17 said:
too late....don't paint...
Agreed, next year check out your gear a little sooner and painting won't be a problem if you do. Like someone else said for now use some camo tape if you think you need to do something.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Camo duct tape

It will fix you up till next year.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would have got it down early but i broke my leg over the summer and didnt get the chance until now so what are you gonna do. I already painted it just will have to leave it out for a week to get the smell away from it.
Do you think Scentaway spray for clothes would take some away if i wiped it down with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts