Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Shadowcat in cam. I dont't hunt anymore and would love to paint the bow black. Preparing the limbs is a worry for me, can they be painted? What preparation would they need. How far would I sand the riser back?

What type of paint would be best?

Any help would be very much appreciated

Kind Regards
Chris

· Registered
6,034 Posts
I would take it to a professional, some place that does this type of work on bows and have them take care of you.

· Registered
210 Posts
Hi, try getting on archery forum Australia. A lot of the target shooters there refinish their bows I'd go powder coat for the riser(anodizing if you can get it done cheap enough) and auto acrylic for the limbs. like you I have a shadowcat I'm thinking of getting redone.Great bow but I want to make it PURDY.

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply Mate. Do you think Powder coat would be okay with the bake heat on riser. how are you going to proceed? I guess I would need to completely take paint off to bare metal. I love this bow, tack driver.

· Registered
210 Posts
Powdercoating is done all the time so I don't think it would be a problem, The powdercoaters will usually strip the item back for you as part of the process . There is a bloke that advertises on archery forum, but I think he is in Brisbane. I am going to wait until the end of the 3 d season before I get mine done .I agree great bow, but it deserves a better finish. I'm still going to buy a second one for spots though.

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Mate, You wont beleive this. Went to my favourite bow shop on Saturday to get some accessories. I mentioned to the owner that I was thinking of painting my bow black. He immediatly said look behind you, there on the peg was a black Shadowcat. He explained that a guy had bought it about a month ago specifically to use fingers but did not like it. I checked it over and decided it was in as new condition. Nearly fell over when he told me what I could have it for. Now I have two, I'm a happy man.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.