Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Bowtech
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am Stuck between these 2 cameras. I need advise from anyone who can help my decision.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've been using Canon cameras since 2003 with 0 issues or complaints. Check out th HF S30. I believe this is a better camera...

·
Registered
189 Posts
I would highly recommend the Canon. I use the HF M31 cameras for hunting, plus I have a wedding videography business, and use the same cameras for that also. Unbelievable picture quality, good low light, and very small and easy to manuever, especially if you self film, which is what I do 75% of the time. Have 2 of these right now, and will be getting a 3rd and 4th, because I like them a lot better then the others I have. Great cameras!!!!

·
Registered
11,288 Posts
I will put a vote out for the Panasonic. I have the SD90 and I absolutely love it! It does good in low light as well and the picture quality is fantastic. It has mic inputs as well which is really nice.

·
Bowtech
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just placed my order for the panasonic sd90. I looked at reviews of the canon as well as the panasonic and I liked the panasonic sd90 the best. I ordered a spare 16 gb card as well as a big battery for it. Any advice on external mics? Prob wont get one right away but we will see how the factory mic works for turkey this spring.

·
Registered
11,288 Posts
I just placed my order for the panasonic sd90. I looked at reviews of the canon as well as the panasonic and I liked the panasonic sd90 the best. I ordered a spare 16 gb card as well as a big battery for it. Any advice on external mics? Prob wont get one right away but we will see how the factory mic works for turkey this spring.
The built in mic works pretty dang good. I bought an Azden SMX-10 mic for mine and it works really nice. It makes for a really compact set up. Check out my videos on youtube if you want to see the cam and mic in action. Link is in my signature.

·
Bowtech
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I saw your videos. That is one of the main reasons i went with the sd90. You are talented. I doubt if anything I do will even come close to yours.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,288 Posts
I saw your videos. That is one of the main reasons i went with the sd90. You are talented. I doubt if anything I do will even come close to yours.

Thanks!! Its really not complicated. When you go out film EVERYTHING. If something catches your eye film a 20 second clip of it. You can always trash the footage but if you end up making a kill you will want other footage to go along with it. It makes for a more interesting video I think. I still have a TON to learn but I have a lot of fun doing it!

·
Bowtech
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Couple questions for you. What editing software do you use? I bought an extra battery off ebay I believe it is the biggest one I can get for it but it was only 30 dollars. Am I going to get what I payed for or will it be ok?

·
Registered
11,288 Posts
Couple questions for you. What editing software do you use? I bought an extra battery off ebay I believe it is the biggest one I can get for it but it was only 30 dollars. Am I going to get what I payed for or will it be ok?

I think you will be ok on the battery. I was checking those out as well. I need to order another one soon. I use Magix Movie Edit Pro17HD. It works ok, easy to use. I wish it did more sometimes though. For the price it does a great job. I get more frustrated with my computer than anything. HD video really puts a strain on older computers.

·
Bowtech
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok sounds good. I will let you know how the battery does.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I think you will be ok on the battery. I was checking those out as well. I need to order another one soon. I use Magix Movie Edit Pro17HD. It works ok, easy to use. I wish it did more sometimes though. For the price it does a great job. I get more frustrated with my computer than anything. HD video really puts a strain on older computers.
Hey Fling, what would you say about your cam's lowlight capabilites?

·
Registered
11,288 Posts
Hey Fling, what would you say about your cam's lowlight capabilites?
It does pretty dang good. It can film until its too dark to shoot. I killed a doe right at last light while filming and you can still see the deer. Its gets a little "grainy" when its super dark but you will get that with any consumer camera I believe.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Flinginairos. I tried to send you a pm, but your inbox is full. Really like your videos! The picture quality is amazing!
Where would be the cheapest place to buy that model?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts