Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me to get a good tear my nock has to be high, arrow pointing down. To level the arrow the nock would have to come down about 1/2". Is that okay or is something wrong. Mission x3.

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
Yeah, it sounds like something's amiss. Probably cam timing, since it controls nock travel. Get the timing and specs squared away first before trying to arrow flight tune any bow. Every single time, too. Make tuning easier on yourself by addressing potential issues first.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know anything about timing a bow, Newby. guess its time to learn. I didn't think you had to time a single cam.

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
I don't know anything about timing a bow, Newby. guess its time to learn. I didn't think you had to time a single cam.
You don't have to "synchronize" a single cam, since one of the tracks from a dual cam's top cam is permanently attached to the bottom cam. But "timing" them is still needed, as in the their start and stop point. Since the third track is permanently attached to the bottom cam it has to be at the right start/stop point to get straight/level nock travel, and that's the ONLY point at which it can produce good nock travel. Dual cams or hybrids can be synchronized at any rotational start/stop point, making them far more tunable to the individual than a single cam.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Getting them timed has always been very trial and error for me. Make an adjustment and check the reult to see if it was doing what I intended it to do. As Buster suggests, single cams can be a bit finicky in there nock travel.

·
Registered
50,389 Posts
It's not timing persay with a single cam it is rotation. There are rotation marks on the cam but where and how to read them depends on what bow and cam we are talking about. It sounds to me like you have more of an issue on how the rest is set up to begin with. Your nock point is way too high. But also where it ends up also depends on what rest your using. IMHO I would take it to your local shop for some hands on help as there could be many issues that need to be addressed to resolve your issues.

·
Registered
380 Posts
It's ok to be a little high on nock point to tune most bows!I've had them as much as 1/4" high..How much high is yours??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts