Archery Talk Forum banner

Paper Tune Tear Picture....Opinion Please.

997 Views 16 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  jsurvant
Can I get some of your thought on these 3 tears? I can't decide. Might be a down tear from the fletchings. Enough to adjust or leave alone? Sure appreciate any help. Top is on the left. Sorry.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
943 Posts
Looks like you've got a pretty nice bullet hole on the bottom right. The rest of the tears could be your form. When I'm as close as you are, I will shoot a BH out to at least 30 yards to verify the paper tune. Your BH tune should agree with the paper tear as to which way the rest needs to go.

· Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think it's close but you may have a form issue. Would be curios to see what a bare shaft would do .
Yeah, I dont want to mess with my rest if I am messing something up with form. I agree... its close. The bullet hole is my third shot. Maybe I will shoot three more. I sure appreciate ya'lls feedback.

· Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like you've got a pretty nice bullet hole on the bottom right. The rest of the tears could be your form. When I'm as close as you are, I will shoot a BH out to at least 30 yards to verify the paper tune. Your BH tune should agree with the paper tear as to which way the rest needs to go.
Good advice....thanks.

· Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The picture is rotated. Dang iPhones. If there is a tear, it appears to be a low left tear. Thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.