Archery Talk Forum banner

paper tuner= built like a tank

2334 19

i used small springs on the back of the bolt so i can pull the angle out and slide my paper through it. when i release the angle is pushes tight against the paper

let me know what u guys think and if u have any ? ill answer
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· <---(.)(.)---<<<
2,337 Posts
By the looks of the wall, it looks like you tried.

· Registered
473 Posts
Looks good what is the paper you used.

· Registered
494 Posts
Save money........

Much cheaper to visit your local newspaper printer. Usually they have paper left over on rolls that you can have free of charge. Save the expensive butcher paper to wrap that deer your gonna shoot next year with your well tuned bow!!! :thumbs_up

If regular newspaper is too wide, find a place that prints the free car advertisement papers and try a roll that size.

· Registered
494 Posts
Another issue might be that butcher paper is kind of "tough" or strong, and might not tear as easily - thereby misleading you to think your bow was in tune. This is just a hunch on my part - I have no experience with butcher paper other than wrapping meat. I like the newspaper because of it's weakness, that will show every flaw in my arrow flight......I hope.

Sorry, I didn't mean to highjack your thread, just interjecting some thoughts. You have a great looking "tuner". Thanks for sharing. :thumbs_up

· Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Another issue might be that butcher paper is kind of "tough" or strong, and might not tear as easily - thereby misleading you to think your bow was in tune. This is just a hunch on my part - I have no experience with butcher paper other than wrapping meat. I like the newspaper because of it's weakness, that will show every flaw in my arrow flight......I hope.

Sorry, I didn't mean to highjack your thread, just interjecting some thoughts. You have a great looking "tuner". Thanks for sharing. :thumbs_up
actually the paper is really thin. i dont know how thin it is, but its about like a newspaper

· Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,100 Posts
Looks like a keeper. Good Job !!!

· Registered
7,523 Posts
Looks great! I too also like the spring tensions!!

Go to Lowes or Home Depot and get in the painting section a roll of paper for around a buck and a half for 9" and $3 for 12 inches and its around 100 ft.

I have used the printing paper as well on a roll, found also at some big recycling places, as long as you get newspaper style paper and not heavy paper.

Great idea and keep it all up with the DIY's.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.