Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Set up Left Handed Mathews chill x, whisker biscuit and QAD HDX, 30 inches, 70 lbs, carbon Express Maxima Red 350 29.75 inches. Also have shot beman and easton 340's. Fletched groups are fine, bareshaft groups are way off. Broadhead groups are iffy but consistent with g5 striker 100 grains. I cant move my rest to the left anymore for fear of striking cables with vanes. Tear indicates weak spine but according to arrow selection charts my spine should be plenty stiff. I did decrease poundage to 65 lbs and it did help.

What do I do? I am just after a good bareshaft/broadhead group. Broaheads are fletching indexed and they are g5 strikers.

Fear is for a moment, regret lasts a lifetime.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are correct I am tail right as a Left Handed archer. According to Easton's bow tuning chart I am shooting weak spined arrows, however, the chart doesnt indicate that my arrows are weak. Thanks for the input and helpful article.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The charts on the manufacturers website.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ie carbon express and easton arrow selection charts

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
You are correct I am tail right as a Left Handed archer. According to Easton's bow tuning chart I am shooting weak spined arrows, however, the chart doesnt indicate that my arrows are weak. Thanks for the input and helpful article.

That's because left right tears do not mean weak or stiff when shot from a compound bow with a release.

·
Registered
7,443 Posts

I'm left handed and over the years if an arrow seems to want to go tail right on me it's
Usually do to an arrow that's too stiff.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the input. I agree that my eastons were a bit weak. Trying to find easton 300's locally is difficult. Apparently very few people shoot that stiff a spine. That is why I switched to carbon express maxima red 350's which is carbon express' stiffest arrow spine and according to their chart should be stiff enough. I am reluctant to back the bow down any more than 65lbs. That may end up being what I do before buying more arrows. I thought the apparently stiffer carbon express would fix the problem but I guess not. Thanks again and keep it coming

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Thanks for all the input. I agree that my eastons were a bit weak. Trying to find easton 300's locally is difficult. Apparently very few people shoot that stiff a spine. That is why I switched to carbon express maxima red 350's which is carbon express' stiffest arrow spine and according to their chart should be stiff enough. I am reluctant to back the bow down any more than 65lbs. That may end up being what I do before buying more arrows. I thought the apparently stiffer carbon express would fix the problem but I guess not. Thanks again and keep it coming

You need to stop looking as that arrow is weak. And tune your bow

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Enewman my bow is tuned properly. Tuning marks and draw board confirm the tuning is spot on. I am confident this is an arrow issue not a bow issue. The only thing that may not be spot on is spacers on the top and bottom limb. Unfortunately i don't have a press to totally decompress my bow that job will have to wait for a bow shop I am comfortable with. On another note, I am lowering the poundage to see if that does the trick. I am at 63 lbs for bow and will shoot through paper with that set up. Thanks

·
Registered
7,443 Posts
Not trying to start anything. So if you had a arrow that was to stiff. How did you fix.
Used different arrows. I tried shooting some x cutters and the bow wouldn't shoot them . Constant
Tail right regardless of the rest postition. I went back to the proper spined light speeds and all was
Well. That was with my 82nd airborne. My tuning options were limited with no yokes to twist
Or shims to change.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Enewman my bow is tuned properly. Tuning marks and draw board confirm the tuning is spot on. I am confident this is an arrow issue not a bow issue. The only thing that may not be spot on is spacers on the top and bottom limb. Unfortunately i don't have a press to totally decompress my bow that job will have to wait for a bow shop I am comfortable with. On another note, I am lowering the poundage to see if that does the trick. I am at 63 lbs for bow and will shoot through paper with that set up. Thanks

Your bow is not tuned, listen to NEWMAN, not being tacky, but you may have all kinds of issues and there are people on here willing to help if you do not ignore them. What tells u the draw board is telling you the tune is spot on?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.