Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No time to search, going to the range soon.
Can someone explain or link me to a site where I can find simple paper tuning instructions. I made a stand, now I need to know what to look for and how to adjust my bow accordingly. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
www,eastonarchery.com

Download the Tuning Guide. Then you can carry it with you. Goes through simple setup, paper tuning, walkback, course, fine, broadhead tuning---you name it.

Hope this helps and good luck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm all over the place, first I think my knock point is too high, then too low, then my rest is too much to the left, etc etc. What do you guys make of this?

Thanks for the links by the way, good info.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nevermind, I think I got it tuned pretty decently.
I believe my arrows are too weak. I tried someone else's arrows that are supposedly stiffer and all I needed was a small adjustment to the right.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Mako22 said:
Nevermind, I think I got it tuned pretty decently.
I believe my arrows are too weak. I tried someone else's arrows that are supposedly stiffer and all I needed was a small adjustment to the right.

Try shooting with the vanes in different orientations, lots of times it appears there is plenty of clearance but due to the arrow flexing as it is passing the rest/cable/riser you can experience slight contact that will cause the arrow to tear. It can also be the spine alignment so by rotating the nock you might find the sweet spot, but if the arrows are mismatched to your DL and weight you'll never get a good tune.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts