Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you Legacy shooters have problems paper tuning your bow? I an't seem to get my bow paper tuned. I shoot a Trophy Taker Shaky Hunter arrowrest and my bow is set up properly, but everytime I shoot through paper I tear low and left. I have moved my nocking point up as high as I can possibly go and bottomed out on my sights shooting low and left. Any help is GREATLY Appreciated!

Lucas:confused:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well the Trophy taker say's it all take it off and put a good rest on.

Other thing is you could be droping your arm or torquing your bow stay into your shot good.

Is the arrow spine correct?

The Legacey is one of the easeiest bows there is to tune through paper not trying to pick on you.

·
74,535 Posts
Lucas

I have tuned several in the shop with TT. Havent had a promblem. I shot one on mine last year and tuned easy.

Arrow Spine, Nocking point, I shot mine 90 degree angle off the bow. Make sure your dropping arm and not clipping fletching.

Sure wouldnt want to shoot a TT. To many guys won to much money with them this year. One of the best selling rest in past two years. Chance, Nathan Brooks, Eric Griggs and quite a few more.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I use a TT on my legacy and I LOVE IT! You do need to make sure that it is not picking up the arrow too soon or too late. You want the arrow to pop up into shooting position the last 3inches of the draw. Anything in front of that and you may have clearance problems. I don't paper tune. I believe that more archers have quit archery over papertuning than anything else!

Go to a pro shop that has a lazer center shot tool. Cabelas sells them for around $80. This is all I have ever done and my Legacy TT combo is DEADLY! Make sure you are using a grip that does not torqe and don't drop your arm after the shot!

Good luck

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bowcop said:
I use a TT on my legacy and I LOVE IT! You do need to make sure that it is not picking up the arrow too soon or too late. You want the arrow to pop up into shooting position the last 3inches of the draw. Anything in front of that and you may have clearance problems. I don't paper tune. I believe that more archers have quit archery over papertuning than anything else!

Go to a pro shop that has a lazer center shot tool. Cabelas sells them for around $80. This is all I have ever done and my Legacy TT combo is DEADLY! Make sure you are using a grip that does not torqe and don't drop your arm after the shot!

Good luck
Thanks for the tips. I will try that.

Lucas

·
Registered
232 Posts
i shoot the famous w/b on mine and have had no problem with my legacy. but one of these day i ll go to a dropaway>>------>

·
Registered
55 Posts
Try removing the string supressors and paper tune. I'll bet it papertunes now. Now put a few twists on the string and increase the brace height, this will take some pressure off of the supressors. Wala! Perfect bullet hole. This only applies if your arrows are flying out of the bow square. Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts