Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How important is it to paper tune with the target and paper at shoulder height? I don't have access to do so except to put the target on the bed and shoot from the hall! Besides possible flaws in form how important is it to be at shoulder height?

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Shoulder height is best. This is what I use in my home shop:

Photo622.jpg
Built it using less than $25 in 2x4s, caster wheels, and a couple of hook screws. Built the paper tuning stand using 1-1/2" pvc, #18 O-rings, tape, screws, kotter pins (to hold the paper roll in place). This is what I can do with bows I tune:

Photo661.jpg

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
I dont have a proper paper tuning rack so I just leave the target on the floor, but I also sit on the floor to get the paper shoulder height.

But depending on your bow's ATA this may or may not work. Pay attention to that bottom cam if you try this method.

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
How important is it to paper tune with the target and paper at shoulder height? I don't have access to do so except to put the target on the bed and shoot from the hall! Besides possible flaws in form how important is it to be at shoulder height?
I'd put it on the bed and shoot from the hall. You want to be shooting straight, not at any kind of angle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts