Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:darkbeer: I shoot a Reflex Denali with a Trophy Taker rest. It holds good groups, spent hours at the pro shop trying to paper tune it and could not come up with anything. It is still kicking to the left. We tried moving the rest every which way and nothing seemed to help. We tried different size shafts and it still didn't help. Any advice out there? I'm frustrated and ready to buy a Bowtech come November.

Thanks,
Nate from PA

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm no expert, but I've seen where some bow, rest and shaft combinations just won't work. Your bow might just not shoot well with that rest. If you've tried to tune it and tried different shafts, it seems to me like the rest is all that's left to question. I'm of course assuming that you have fletch clearence and that your form (grip) is not an issue.
One question: did you have this problem before installing this rest?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Tuning

I just had a discussion on that very thing and I was told to use an arrow with outfletching at a distance of 10yds. To get your arrows to fly staight.Then if you are tuning for hunting be shure to have your fletching lined up with your broad head. Thats just for starters, if someone has the rest of the eetory please put her their.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Tuning

I not familer with the reflex Denali bow but you may want to check you cam lean on the top limb, I had a switchback XT that was giving me fits with left tears and I had to adjust the cam lean by twisting one side of the yoke on the buss cable. Also make sure your rest is not lifting up too soon. You want it to come up in the last two inches of your draw. To check this have someone mark your arrow at the front edge of the rest at full draw then measure back up the shaft two inches and mark it again. If your rest is set up right it should be lifting up in those last two inches. I hope this helps I know how frustrating it can be to get some bows tuned.

·
I like big buffs!
4,291 Posts
From MY experience, paper tuning aint worth a hoot, regarding tuning a hunting bow.

BROADHEAD tune it, and don't worry about what hole it makes in paper.

·
Registered
218 Posts
What size arrows did you shoot? Maybe your not even in the right range.

How are you setting the centershot? You shouldn't move the rest to fix a tear. Centershot is centershot no matter what arrows you shoot. To start look from the back of the bow, line the string up with the center of the grip, the arrow should be directly in line with the string. This is the correct centershot 97% of the time.

Once this is done then try to tune the bow. If you get an arrow that has a drastically better tear then the rest, then you can mess with draw weight and point weight. Once close on paper, shoot a bareshaft.

Eric Wolffram

1 - 7 of 7 Posts