Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Undocumented
18,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mr. Postman had a gift for me this Morning. A Package from Paradigm Archery in Gilbertsville, PA. It was my 11.5 inch S.O.S (Specific Orbit Stabilizer)!!!!!. Honestly, I sat at my table for 15-20 minutes looking over this stab. The Quality and workmanship put into this product is just superb. I don't think i saw one flaw. Everything just fits together perfectly and there must have been many machining hours put into each S.O.S. This stab is like several products placed into one handy Durable Stabilizer. The S.O.S can be fix mounted or mounted with the integrated Quick detach. It can be offset like i have it or straight line positions, 2 axis tunable weights system and comes in your choice of 3 film dipped color options covered in the V-Lux soft touch finish. The S.O.S has adjustable tube bodies that allow for your choice of stabilizer lengths. You have the option of a short 4.5 inch stabilizer, or a mid length 8 inch stabilizer or the hunter class legal 11.5 inch stabilizer. But what great about this product compared to other stabs out on the market, is that you can buy "Xtubes" and you can extend the length of the S.O.S out to 30 inches if needed for target Shooting. With this Stab, There is no need to put your stab in th classifieds just because you want to add or remove weights or add or shorten lengths!. This stab can Adapt to your shooting needs and wants. Why buy several stab when you can have the S.O.S ?. The S.O.S can be adjusted from a standard in-line stabilizer, to a offset stabilizer that maximizes leverage in aiding to balance the bow. The S.O.S has a integrated quick detach feature complete with a soft touch triad knob. and can be used as a standard screw in stabilizer. The S.O.S uses a unique free floating perimeter biased weight system which allows varying weights to be placed longitudinally for balance on 1 axis, and axially for balance on a 2nd axis. The oscillation, or orbit of the weights can be fine tuned to your specific bow harmonics. Plain English folks, you can place the Weights where ever you want to balance your bow out. I have mine offset with the weights to the left side. To counter balance my Quiver with a full set of Arrows on the right side. I always shoot with my Quiver on. With the Doinker stab i was using prior, it was heavier and i had hardly any control over the weight. It was mainly at the tip of the Stabilizer. I was not able to offset the weights like i wanted. But with the S.O.S, its a matter of a few turns of a Allen wrench and you can place, move the half moon weights to your hearts content. If you still need more weight. you can purchase optional D.E.A.D weights and add them to the front of the stabilizer with the built in recess made for the D.E.A.D weight. This stab is the "transformer" of stabilizers!. I've been shooting my bow with this stab most of the day and its great. I'm using less weight. But the weight i am using is place perfectly form my shooting style. before you go out and buy another stab, then buy a separate quick detach, then buy weights separately. Take a hard look at Paradigm Archery S.O.S. It"s a great Investment!.

Pic of the Quick detach installed,

pic of soft touch V-lux triad knob for quick detach,

Pic of the half moon weights offset to the left side of the stabilizer to counter balance my Quiver and full set of Arrows,

·
Registered
25,001 Posts
did you win that one?

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Thanks for the kind words Simon. :)

Simon won this stabilizer by being the first to correctly determine the full name of our new BASE weights. There were a lot of very good and close guesses in the contest, I applaud everyone who took their shot at the prize.

Originally the prize was to be a CTA string arrester, but I offered Simon a chance to "double down" and go for the SOS stabilizer by telling me which of his many guesses was the correct answer, but he only had one guess...and if he was wrong he wouldn't win anything. Simon decided it was all or nothing and took his chance on the stabilizer...well the wily Simon quickly deduced which one of his responses was correct and won the stabilizer....good going Simon. :thumbs_up

·
Undocumented
18,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks you guys for the kind words. I waiting for the 15th for Thunder Chicken, So i can fully test this stab out in a real Hunting situation.
Thanks for the kind words Simon. :)

Simon won this stabilizer by being the first to correctly determine the full name of our new BASE weights. There were a lot of very good and close guesses in the contest, I applaud everyone who took their shot at the prize.

Originally the prize was to be a CTA string arrester, but I offered Simon a chance to "double down" and go for the SOS stabilizer by telling me which of his many guesses was the correct answer, but he only had one guess...and if he was wrong he wouldn't win anything. Simon decided it was all or nothing and took his chance on the stabilizer...well the wily Simon quickly deduced which one of his responses was correct and won the stabilizer....good going Simon. :thumbs_up
congrats Simon.....welcome to...

The Wonderful World of being

PARA-lyzed.....

·
Undocumented
18,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They come in three standard sizes. But if you would like a longer Stab for target Shooting. You can Pm paradigmarchery above and he can help you out with ordering a stab to your specification. You can also check out www.paradigmarchery.com The S.O.S is a great Multi-functional Stabilizer.

·
Undocumented
18,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
do you order these in different lengths or how is the length adjusted?
They come in different sections. If you look at the pic above that i posted. The black tube is one section and the camo colored tube is another section that screw together. The fit and finish on this stab is superb. Everythings tight fitting and made of high quality products. So, if you want a longer stab all you have to do is let (Paradigmarchery) Joe know and he can add "X-tubes" to lengthen the total stab length.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
That is a great looking stabilizer, possibly something I should look at, but the price concerns me a bit.:eek:

·
Undocumented
18,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That is a great looking stabilizer, possibly something I should look at, but the price concerns me a bit.:eek:
Remember, Your not just being a piece of metal thats going to hang off the front of your bow This is basically 2 or 3 items made into one stabilizer. A stabilizer that can be shortened or lengthened out to 30 inches without having to buy another stabilizer. This is a stab with a integrated Quick detach. it comes with 6 Half moon Weights with the option of extra weights at the tip of the Stab, inside. This stab can be attached straight on or offset like i have it. The fit and finish is above superb. This stab is basically a "Shape changer". Whereas with other stabs, if you need a shorter or longer stab, or lighter or heavier stab, you have to put it in the classifieds or shelf it and order another stab to fit another bow or weight or length configuration. When you look at other stabs don't forget to add up a 11.5 stab, plus weights, plus quich detach with offset and see where your at. Then after you buy that you can't add length or shorten the length or add extra weights. Just food for thought.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Remember, Your not just being a piece of metal thats going to hang off the front of your bow This is basically 2 or 3 items made into one stabilizer. A stabilizer that can be shortened or lengthened out to 30 inches without having to buy another stabilizer. This is a stab with a integrated Quick detach. it comes with 6 Half moon Weights with the option of extra weights at the tip of the Stab, inside. This stab can be attached straight on or offset like i have it. The fit and finish is above superb. This stab is basically a "Shape changer". Whereas with other stabs, if you need a shorter or longer stab, or lighter or heavier stab, you have to put it in the classifieds or shelf it and order another stab to fit another bow or weight or length configuration. When you look at other stabs don't forget to add up a 11.5 stab, plus weights, plus quich detach with offset and see where your at. Then after you buy that you can't add length or shorten the length or add extra weights. Just food for thought.
I know, I just can't afford a lot though. I have to do with what I got.;)

·
Archery is a Passion...
3,015 Posts
You are right about the quality of the workmanship... superb. Even down to the details of how the product was packed just shows how much they care about the product and that they want you to get it in good shape.

As a Quality Engineer, I know quality and this is not only a well design product but well made. As already stated, the finish is amazing.

I'm certain that Paradigm is going to become a very popular product...

great post, good luck and good shooting.
thenson

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Imo that is the ugliest stabilizer in the world, especially for the money, but beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, not putting it down or anything, especially if it works great. But that is just my opinion.

·
Undocumented
18,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Imo that is the ugliest stabilizer in the world, especially for the money, but beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, not putting it down or anything, especially if it works great. But that is just my opinion.
I guess people look at things differently?. I think its one most visually appealing Stabs out on the market. But your opinion is noted. Your entitled to it.

But i thinks she's Purdy!,:secret:

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Don't be shy, how do you really feel ? :wink:

In all seriousness the SOS seems to bring out strong emotions from folks in many ways, including its looks. I have had a many people tell me they think its the coolest looking thing they've ever seen, and others like yourself who absolutely hate the look of it, we understand people have different tastes and don't take offense to an opinion just because it may not agree with ours. :)

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
If it works, who cares how it looks. The B-Stinger isn't exactly Prom Queen material..;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts