Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you adjust the spring tension? I must be making this complicated but It is too stiff right now and I can't see how to lower the tension.
Thanks for anu help.

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
How do you adjust the spring tension? I must be making this complicated but It is too stiff right now and I can't see how to lower the tension.
Thanks for anu help.
You take the CTA off your bow and unscrew the end that was closest to your riser. Here's what Joe sent me when I had a similar question:

"The set of bushings (inside the CTA) nearest the string are your rod length adjustments, twisting them like a nut along the threads will lengthen or shorten the amount of rod that feeds out of the unit, twisting them toward the bow will lengthen the rod, twisting them toward the string will make the rod shorter."

"Spring tension is accomplished with the set of bushings closest to the bow, twisting them up and down the rod will give more or less tension and effect rod travel at the shot, you will be able to judge rod travel at the shot by the 0-ring gauge that rides on the back rod."

It's interesting to get it as tight as you can, shoot it that way, then get it as soft as you can and shoot it like that, just to see what the extremes are like.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Thanks for anu help.
If you have any questions with the adjustment of your set-up feel free to call or pm me, or if you pm me your number I will be more than happy to call you and answer any questions you may have.:)

Thanks,
Joe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts