Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if Open C class only shoots one day or will they shoot both days? Also can you sign up onsite or do you have to pre reigister?

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I can tell u what I know from attending the shoot for 2 years now......Open C does not shoot all targets one day ( at least as of last year) but the 2nd day start time for me was 10am which kinda sucks.....you can pre register which I suggest or you can sign up at the shoot but expect long lines to sign up for tge tournament. ....if you can come a day or 2 early and shot the city shoot.. .fun time and a great range.....Paris is one of the best ran shoots sites ASA has if you ask me.....Paris is a nice little town and the food places are awesome.....think this place is called the fish fry its a restaurant very good food and is where most the shooters end up going

Hope this helps

·
FULLY TWISTED BOWSTRINGS
976 Posts
I was told that they changed open C this year so they shoot all targets in one day.....I looked at the schedule for open C and the last 2 shoots they didnt have a shoot time on sunday just 2 times on saturday.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I saw as well thanks for the info guys. I went ahead and booked for the whole weekend so I guess it does not matter. My wife and kids have decided to make it a mini vacation I'm calling them tomorrow so ill find out and post what they say

·
Registered
338 Posts
That is correct. Open c shoots 20 at 8am. Women's classes follow in behind, then the other batch of open c follows in at about 3. All on Saturday.

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
Open c shoots 8am....3pm....for Paris....

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Why shoot 2 sets of 20 in one day?

Why doesnt OPEN C shoot 20 one day and 20 the other like most every other class does

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was sort of wondering the same thing

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Might have something to do with the amount of shooters and number of ranges. My buddies shot open c at uchee creek and said known in the morning so they could get done quicker and not hold up the next group of shooters. Unknown for the second round.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Uchee creek was packed. Said it was record attendance.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Uchee creek was packed and half shot known in mornin and half shot unknown then we switched at 3pm , it went smooth and I kinda liked shooting all in one day butt it helps when your shooting good, if shooting bad it makes for a long long day.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm looking forward to it I have not shot a pro am since they went to half known distance. the qualifier I shot where half was known was pretty cool. Seems really weird carrying range finders though

·
OWN YOUR SHOT!
3,465 Posts
What is the cost to shoot. I have never shot a asa shoot and was wondering. I shoot bhfs and what's the max yardadge

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
That would be hunter class.....$40 for your entry fee...... $30 for your membership.......but I also believe if your doing a one time tryout for that class is $5 guest fee... And then there are the extra rounds........Sims...15 a round... city shoot $10 I think it is...

The pro/am on Fri...$20....just to name a few

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What is the city shoot?

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
It's a shoot the city sponsors....like $10 bucks......get a box lunch and they have a raffle......it's the same as a pro/am....just put.on from the city

·
NC ASA Director
36,016 Posts
Max Yardage in Hunter Class is 40 yards.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts