Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Parker Blackhawk is supposed to have Stone Mountain Dakota strings. Parker is replacing my cam to a shorter draw length and will be replacing the string under warranty.

Funds are tight and I am wanting to get a Limbdriver rest, should I keep the factory strings or upgrade?

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
There is nothing wrong with those strings, keep them and wear them out. In a year or two put on another set from whoever you decide on getting them from.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I would

I would if I was you. The strings and cables are the one thing I would really like to see Parker change on their new bows. They are good strings but not near the quality of custom made. I wish I had my Blackhawk XP back, now that hey aren't being made any more I have to wait to see what Parker comes out with this year. I have hear they have a new bow called the Cobra that will IBO at around 340 with Parkers reputation for smoothness and shootability I bet it will be a great bow. Any change the strings and good shooting. Because when you switch cams to the smaller one it will take different length string and cable.

·
Banned
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The problem is I'm debating whether to get the Limbdriver rest and start shooting or get Winners Choice and wait to shoot for awhile.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
My Blackhawk's original string would never stop stretching, so Parker replaced it under warranty. The replacement did the same thing, so I bought a Winner's Choice and haven't had a problem since. A friend of mine bought the 70 pound version of the same bow and never had a problem. Guess I got the two bad strings!

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Call Twisted Archer

I would call fellow ATer Twisted Archer and get a set of his string instead of winners choice. He makes a great set and they are a better price then the winners choice. Can't go wrong in my opinion.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Shoot the factory strings and get the rest. The strings will be fine for a while and you can find a used LD for less than a set of good strings will cost you. I have always shot factory strings until they needed to be replaced. Why fix what isn't broke, especially if funds are tight.

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
Ive shot WC and they were great strings but for what it costs to get a custom set from someone here...you foolish to spend like 50+ dollars more on WC. one bow i had vapor trails on and i bet i had atleast 13,000 shots on with 0 peep rotation, WC are nice but over priced in my opinion.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have had 2 factory strings and they keep stretching also. I'm going to get something different. Would really like to sell my Blackhawk, Dont you need an extra one?

·
Banned
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have had 2 factory strings and they keep stretching also. I'm going to get something different. Would really like to sell my Blackhawk, Dont you need an extra one?
Why are you wanting to sell it so bad??

·
Banned
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would take it you like the Parker Blackhawk? I am not in a hurry to change. The Blackhawk is smooth and fast.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts