Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased the Parker Hunter Mag bow. I have found that I have to hold it very steady on the bullseye and not move even after the shot until impact. It seems somewhat unforgiving. I don't know why because the axle to axle length is 37 inches and a brace height of 7 inches. It is a one cam bow with 80% letoff and a max speed of 305 IBO. I recently have had a Browning Backdraft, a Buck bow by Champion bows which is very comparable to this Parker Hunter Mag, and a PSE Beast 2 cam bow with a 290 IBO speed rating with a 38 inch axle to axle length and a brace height about the same as this Parker. The only difference I know of is that I had a Torque Tamer stabilizer on the other bows which had alot of weight and steadied the bow and on the Parker Hunter Mag I just purchased I had a Golden Key Futura Tranquilizer stabilizer put on which is very light compared to the Torque Tamer.
Has anyone else had any experience with the Parker Hunter Mag and found it to be unforgiving or what can I do to find this bow more forgiving as compared to the others I have mentioned.
Thanks for all your help.
Whitey

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Need Help!!!!

Bump! Come on fellow hunters and shooters, I need some advise and input on this thread.

·
Registered
142 Posts
maybe

Try and put more weight on the bow and see if this helps .;)

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
These Parker bows are light!!! Try a heavier stabilizer and some Limb Savers. I've been shooting Parker's for 4 years and have noticed the weight problem. My Pro 38 with a 10" stabilizer rocked. If the Parker guys come with vertical force this year I'll shoot another Parker:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also have the hunter mag, I've had it for two years now and although I've never had any other bows I find it very picky, maybe I will try the heavier stabilizer and see if that helps. I still like the bow alot

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I've owned and shot about everything out there but i've been shooting Parker bows for several years now and have never had a problem what so ever with their bows. I think they are by far the quietest bows i have ever shot, i have nothing on the string but a loop. A good stabilizer will solve the weight issue if there is one. I shot the stealth last year and i'm shooting the UL35 this season and absolutely love this bow. I sold my back up bow (stealth) and plan to buy another Parker next season and i'm very interested in the Pro 38. I want to set a second bow up to shoot with finger release. I love the ez draw eccentrics and i'd love to see them come out with a ezdraw 38 or 40 with recurve limbs that would be perfect for a finger release shooter, i know i may be dreaming but it would be nice. These Parker bows are sweet and they get a big thumbs up in the quality department. I would recommend Parker bows to anyone.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Whitey......

Get a 65% let off module for your cam.......they shoot much better than the 80%. If you need one pm me.......I think they are around $12.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
First off you should follow thru with all bows . I dont think you will find a single cam bow that is as forgiveing as a 2 cam bow , they are much more critical of form , especialy if they are lighter and shorter on axil to axil length . If you are not overbowed , "pulling too many pounds" then I would do as some others have sugested and get the 65% moduals . I think you would shoot better with them . The parker hunter mag is a quality bow , I would allso cotact their tech department and get instructions as to where the cam should be indexed so that you are shooting in its "sweet spot".

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
I'm not familiar with the bow, but I am familiar with the trick of using less let off to make a bow feel heavier and hold steadier. It works quite well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts