Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a Parker Hunter Mag bow that I bought about 1 week ago. I am pleased with it. However, the guy at the archery shop offered me a Matthews FX bare bow for the same price. I chose the Parker. He said they were just as good and had much better customer service. He said you had to get into the 700.00 range bows to begin noticing big differences. So my question to you all is: Did I make the right choice or should I go back and return the Parker for the Matthews FX? THanks

·
Registered
488 Posts
now,im a parker girl,so im gonna tell you that the parker is the way to go.i think that it is true that parker has better customer service.my husband manages an archery shop here in maine,and we have had excellent service with them.there are 4 other bow lines sold at the shop,and parker has by far tha best service.and if you look around on some of the posts here,you will find alot of complaining when it comes to mathews in that area.parker bows have a lifetime warrantee.this covers everything but the string.it covers cams,limb ,idle wheel etc.i know this to be true,as a customer returned a bow that was obviously abused,and was returned to the company and everything was replaced at no charge.another example was a customer who dropped one out a treestand and broke a limb.both limbs and the cam was replaced .also,no charge.you stated that you liked the bow,and thats the most important thing.the hunter mag is one of the most popular bows that is sold at the shop,and is a terrific buy for the price.sure your going to see better things as the price goes up,but like i said,you got a good buy for your money.so ultimatly its up to you.its what you like.i know all the mathews guys are going to come on here and tell you different,but im telling it like it is.if speed is not your driving force,but having a good hunting bow is,than youve already made the right decision......good luck and enjoy your new parker.

·
Registered
142 Posts
uhhhh

Man go get the mathews you wont regret it!

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Pound for Pound and Dollar for Dollar that little FX is hard to beat....;) And has far has service goes No need to worry about that cause if you ever need it they WILL take care of you....

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
The Parker is a fine bow, you did good. Plus, it's modularly adjustable. That way when it comes time to upgrade you can sell it to someone who has a different drawlength and it'll only cost them about $10 extra for the correct modules, instead of $110 for the correct cam and harness. Or if you find you need to play with drawlength, same thing applies.

The FX works fine, but so does the Parker. If you like your Parker keep it. JMHO. Pinwheel 12

1 - 5 of 5 Posts