Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is late to be asking opinions sence I purchased one already, But what do you guys think about the Parker Hurricane?

I don't know what my bolts weight is, but I am shooting 353 feet per sec. through the crono.
I have a horton scope on it. 1st crosshair is 15 yards, 2nd 30 yards, 4th 42 yards, 5th 65 yards, 6th 80 yards.

At 80 yards I put an 8 inch paper plate on my target and every shot hits in the 8 inch plate. That my not be good for some of you but I could not believe it and I was doing the shooting.

Iam sure parker is not the top of the line xbows but Iam happy with the way it shoots. What I don't like is its a little long.......

· Vendor
5,699 Posts
Great little bow...the factory arrows (if you got a later one) are 425gr Carbon express. I find them a very good arrow but abit light on the FOC so if you use a heavier tip on that arrow your accuracy will increase. It is actually considered a higher end bow since its construction and speed place it up with some of the best. The Tornado is the new option that is more compact than the Cyclone/Hurricane.
Wyvern

· Incureable tinkerer
4,263 Posts
I shoot it's collapsible-stocked brother, the Cyclone. Definitely NOT a cheap bow. Great value. Hits speeds that only bows costing 2ce as much can. Parker makes good stuff and provides great customer support. Like Dave says, a little more FOC (Google it) will make the bow even more accurate. I use 20" Golt Tip Lazer II's, a 110 grn brass insert, and 2" Blazers for vanes. My broadhead of choice is a 125 grn Slick Trick Mag. FOC is over 20%. Gives me great accuracy and terminal performance and they shoot so close to the point of impact of my field tips that I don't even need to practice with the broadheads.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great little bow...the factory arrows (if you got a later one) are 425gr Carbon express. I find them a very good arrow but abit light on the FOC so if you use a heavier tip on that arrow your accuracy will increase. It is actually considered a higher end bow since its construction and speed place it up with some of the best. The Tornado is the new option that is more compact than the Cyclone/Hurricane.
Wyvern
I'm shooting the Cabelas Stalker Carbon bolts 22" with 100 gr 4 blade muzzy. At 30 yards its shoots 2inch groups at 50 yards it shoots 4inch gropes.
I shoot Muzzys because that is what I shoot in my Hoyt Bow deer hunting. I purchased the xbow to Turkey hunt with.

I don't see me shooting a Turkey over 50 yards. I do have some 125 gr Muzzys so I'll try them and see if the groups get better.

Thanks for the info............

· Vendor
5,699 Posts
Those arrows have an aluminum insert...you need more weight up front. Pop on a 125gr BH but make sure it is the 1" cut. The other option is a 150gr AMB Bolt sonic, or a 170gr NAP Spitfire if you really want to tighten up your groups
Wyvern

1 - 9 of 9 Posts