Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to archery but I got a Parker lightning for Christmas I love the bow. It shoots great but I had to have my peep sight tied back in and since I've had it tied back in, my bow seems to be loud and I had the guy at the Bow Shop tie it back in. I absolutely love this bow it shoots great other than just being a little loud is this normal or do I need to take it back and have him check it

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I don't see how having a peep retied can make your bow louder. Unless he somehow got the bow out of tune when he did it.
There are also several products you can use to dampen noise. Limb dampeners from bojax or limbsaver works well. Also string dampeners like monkey tails. Those products can really work to tame noise. I use speed nocks instead of monkey tails because when placed properly on the string, they will add speed as well as take care of string noise. Check your string stop as well and make sure it didn't come loose.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I have a Parker Hornet 2 Plus that was super loud! You can see from the picture I used Brownell TPU speed nocks and Limbsaver dampeners for solid limbs. Your bow has split limbs so you can't use them.

One my target bow, I already had speed nocks installed from the factory. But added Bojax split limb dampens.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I added limb dampeners and string dampeners and I checked the string stop. The only reason I noticed it was my daughter has the same bow and we were shooting side by side and hers is a lot more quiet

·
September is go time!!
1,007 Posts
I added limb dampeners and string dampeners and I checked the string stop. The only reason I noticed it was my daughter has the same bow and we were shooting side by side and hers is a lot more quiet
I wish I was closer to you. I work at a pro shop here in NY and we actually have Parker bows sent to us from all over the US to be worked on or have custom strings/cables made and installed. I have to wonder why the peep came out in the first place. Was is from a partial dry fire? If so, the bow should be look over very well. It shouldn't be loud at all. Check your modules to see if they loosened up. Those make a bunch of noise when loose. No need to install any dampeners as that bow has a decelerator on it . (string stop) If you'd like to PM me, I can also talk you through looking it over and what exactly to look for.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i appreciat this more than you know. it has never been dry fire. im new to bow shooting what are modules.is that what holds the cams. is it possible that the cams are out of time.

·
September is go time!!
1,007 Posts
i appreciat this more than you know. it has never been dry fire. im new to bow shooting what are modules.is that what holds the cams. is it possible that the cams are out of time.
The modules I'm referring to are what you move to adjust the draw length. There will probably be SOME difference between when your Daughter shoots and when you shoot. One, you're closer to your bow as opposed to standing alittle further away from your Daughter. I'm also assuming that you may be shooting at a higher draw weight and longer draw length than her?? If that is correct, that will be some of it. The cams out of time you'll know. When you draw it back, and you fall into the "valley", you'll feel two stops. Not just one. That indicates that the timing is off and needs to be corrected. You should feel just one and be at the back wall. Cams being out of time don't usually make a bow louder, just inefficient and many times inaccurate as well as unpleasant to shoot if they are really out. ;) I'm really trying to figure out why it seems louder after only having a peep tied in. Is it a self aligning peep? The one with the rubber tube? Did that get changed to a longer piece of tubing? If that is the case, then what you MAY be hearing, because you are so close to the bow when it's fired, is actually that tube making noise. Can you post pics of your bow and that peep setup?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry it took me so long to get back to you. been fighting caner. ill get a picture and add it this weekend. thank you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts