Archery Talk Forum banner

Parker Sidekick XP

1344 11
I can't say enough about this bow. My wife has never shot a bow or hunted, but when I brought up the idea of getting her a bow this year, to my surprise she said she would try it out. Needless to say, I didn't give her a chance to change her mind, and she had a new bow in her hands the next day. After doing some shopping around, and some input from guys and gals here on AT I decided to go with the Sidekick XP. I can't pry the bow from her hands now. She goes out to shoot it every time she has a few minutes to spare. With her draw length of 26 inches and her only being able to draw #38 the bow is surprisingly fast. It came with string leeches, and after I added an S-Coil stabilizer and limb savers it is super quiet. I will recommend this bow to any lady or young archer who is looking for a great bow at a fair price. Have any of you had any experience with this bow? Anything I should know about it besides the Grow With Parker Program?
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Banned
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ttt

· Just beat Terry Club
9,369 Posts
NO experience with that bow but Parker is a top rate company.

· Registered
1,821 Posts
My girlfriend just got the exact same bow a few months ago, she absolutley loves it. I got her an S-coil stabalizer and limbsavers for it also. She is pulling about the same as your wife, 37-38#, and using 85 grain Slick Tricks this year. I hope everything works out with your wifes bow, its a great bow for sure!

· Registered
799 Posts
I agree. I just bought one for my 10yr old son and he loves it. It is an awsome little bow for the price.

· Bow Huntin' pure-n-simple
5,001 Posts
Bought one for my wife(in that "purty Pink" camo) she's shooting better and enjoying it more then ever

· Banned
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bought one for my wife(in that "purty Pink" camo) she's shooting better and enjoying it more then ever
Yeah, I started to go with the pink camo, but if she really enjoys hunting and sticks with it, I can upgrade bows for her in a year or two, and the Sidekick can go to my 7 year old. I am not sure he would be too excited about shooting a pink bow.

· Registered
393 Posts
good to know

I just got one of these bows for my girlfriend and we're gonna get her all set up on it thursday. Im really excited because she seems so excited i told her it would be something we could do together which she just ate up. Glad to see the good experienes with this bow.

P.S.- the one condition I got from her was that it absolutely could not be pink at all!:tongue:

· Registered
Mathews V3X, Ravin 29x
2,237 Posts
Yup

Got one for my 12 year old son...50# version. Shoots great and is fairly fast for the DW and DL. It is REALLY QUIET!

Nice bow!

· Registered
480 Posts
I recently got one too. My bf picked it out and surprised me with it and i can't thank him enough.

However, i didn't go with the pink accessories like most women did.
We had a friend from another board detail it with black,red and white strings and cables and my arrows and wrist strap match. GO DAWGS!! :cheers:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.