Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Past: What bow did you shoot back in the day that you just loved, and shot lights out with? Is there a bow or product you shot that wish you never had gotten away from? and lastly, if the product was being made right now, would you drop what you have and go back?

Present: What are you shooting right now? Do you like it? is there something out there right now that you are just itching to shoot?

Future: Do you think that you will change? I know this is hard to answer with archery ever evolving, but take in consideration what the compainies and manufactuers are doing right now that you like. Is there a chance that you may leave you beloved brand?

im just digging a little bit, i want to see what is what on AT.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Past=pse Thunderbolt, And One Of The Machs
Present= 2 Switchbacks, And A Rootbeer Lx
Future=definately If Something Comes Along I Like Better.

·
Registered
711 Posts
A couple of years ago I thought that speed was the thing. So, I bought the BKII. Fast? You bet. But that 5 1/4" bh is just not fun. It goes in the closet this season.

The Cougar III for 3D is great and I thought I would have it for a few more years. We'll see.

A Pro Elite arrives in a week. This will be the hunting bow and maybe the 3D bow as well. Who would have thought you could get 280 f/s out of a bow with 8 3/4" bh?

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
past, present and future

past; I had a couple that shot well, HCA Excaliber shot well for me, and more recent past the Mathews LX has been the best shooting bow I have had

present: I am shooting a Bowtech now and loving it, I only wished I shot them sooner

Future: for sure staying with Bowtech as long as the keep me around

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
Past: Nothing
Present: PSE Nova (as I'm still a newbie archer)
Future: Martin RazorX (straight or elite limbs), doh not yet sure (Protec XT4000 also look good for me as a finger-shooter)

·
Registered
28,189 Posts
PSEjaws said:
Past: What bow did you shoot back in the day that you just loved, and shot lights out with? Is there a bow or product you shot that wish you never had gotten away from? and lastly, if the product was being made right now, would you drop what you have and go back?

Present: What are you shooting right now? Do you like it? is there something out there right now that you are just itching to shoot?

Future: Do you think that you will change? I know this is hard to answer with archery ever evolving, but take in consideration what the compainies and manufactuers are doing right now that you like. Is there a chance that you may leave you beloved brand?

Past: I shot my best scores with a Storm MX Extreme but I wouldn't go back to it because of poor quality.

Present: Shooting and AR 37. I would like to shoot the Allegiance or a Mathews.

Future: Yes

·
NC ASA Director
36,016 Posts
I had a couple tack driver in the past.

Past ...

Hoyt Autum Hunter - slow but accurate

High Coutry Excaliber - this bow was unreal, it had a cam job done on it. It would shoot broadheads like field points. I would love to get this bow back.

Darton Lighting - Super Fast, had some of my highest 3D scores with that bow.

Martin Cougar w/ LIghting cams - super accurate bow, but slower than dirt.

Present ....

Switchback and LX Switchback is unreal. It's a shooter and fast too. I love it.

Future ....

What ever Mathews comes out with next year. I would like to test the 06 Binary cam system too for giggles.

·
74,535 Posts
Alltime favorite

First- Hoyt Pro Vantage Carbon limbs round wheels first really serious bow

Middle of the road. Hoyt defiant (master cams) won alot with that bow for two yrs.

I still think the Mathews Legacy a great hunting bow. Switchback a close second.

Apex is working for m right now

·
32,708 Posts
I have a short history since returning to archery, however, the Martin Phantom is the first bow I bought when I returned a couple years ago. It is a very accurate bow and still in my posession.

There is nothing out there I want to try right now. I have exactly what I want in a bow. The Bowtech Old Glory and the Hoyt Red Flamed Protec are all I could dream of having. They are just that fine.

The future will have to take care of itself. Who knows what will hit the market next year or the next. Just have to wait and see. If nothing arises that awes me then I won't be downtrodden cause I have all I ever wanted in two bows.

·
Registered
13,174 Posts
Past: ProVantage Carbon Plus, with aluminum 1714 arrows, FailSafeII Release by Dean Pridgen (pinky trigger)... Shot the bow with the first set of sight settings, without changing anything for 3 solid years before a cable strand gave way....ALL my personal best scores were shot with this bow/arrow/release combination.

Present: Merlin SuperNova with OMEGA cams...finally getting used to the solid stops on this cam system...still MIGHT prefer the softer "wheelie bows" of the past, however...

Future: I think that the LONGER ATA bows will make a comeback for TARGET archery....and get respectable speeds to boot. I already see that they are getting a softer feel into the cams....and SOME valley.... Straight limbs are back...and going stronger than ever (pun intended).

field14

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well to answer my own thread

Past - PSE G-Force, hunting and competition, this bow had speed, period nothing else could say it better. The comp model i had was beautiful with the Lightning Blue paint scheme. 320fps without breaking a sweat.(gotta love 5 1/2 brace height)

Present - PSE Shark Hybrid / Mach Pro / AR34. what can i say i bleed PSE, you all know that by now. i will say that i shoot all bows out there and if i were to pick another bow to shoot right now, they would be Hoyt Pro Elite, Mathews Apex. :mg: :mg: :mg:

Future - Well as i have hinted to you guys, big things for 2006 in Tuscon. minds will be blown, and i will be smiling. Team Red 'til I die baby! :cool:

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Past --- The one that comes to mind is the Buck Sabre bow made by Champion Archery the first year it came out. It had the boodoodle rest, I forget which model. That bow was without a doubt the overall best bow I have owned and probably the cheapest. I would buy it again if it were available just to have.

Present --- I am shooting a Matthews FX. I really enjoy it and am happy and content to stay with it for awhile. To do so though I will have to refrain from shooting any other bows, as there is just something about them that I want and can't get enough.

Future --- its hard to say but again, I love my FX for now.

·
Premium Member
20,334 Posts
PSEjaws said:

Past: Pearson AccuMax. Man, that bow is a tack driver! Shot my first perfect indoor score with it. I sold it a while ago and really regretted it. Last week, the gentleman who bought it came in the store and asked if I'd buy it back. I didn't hesitate...wrote him a check on the spot!

Present: PSE X-Factor. I had to buy it from a local competitor, and I have no regrets. Best recurve riser I've tried to date. Kronengold has designed a winner with this bow...this guy is a brillient designer, and I wonder what he will come up with next!

Future: Who knows? I just bought two BowTechs, and they are really good bows. But my heart is with the 'curves...so I'm watching for the 2006 models...can't wait for the ATA show in Atlanta next January!

·
Registered
48 Posts
past- I had a Merlin Max 2000 that I shot fingers with that shot super good for me. I actually won a club shoot with that one once.

present- BowTech Independence I like the long axle to axle,the smooth draw, and adjustability of the Freedom cam. It's no speed demon, but it aint no slouch either.

Future- Probably another BowTech, or I might see if I can get Crackers to put some '06 Equalizer cams on my bow and declare victory. :shade:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Past- shot nothing but PSE's (fireflite express, edge 2050z, Mach3) loved em all.
present- Hoyt Havoc. Not very happy with it. Vibration problems, small riser (clearance problems with site and arrow.. etc.
future- maybe a switchback

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Past, one of the first Hoyt take downs ( It was a long time ago.).I would not go back to it, slow would, not shoot carbons.

Present Oneida Pro Eagle. If you are a finger shooter it very difficult to do better.

Future. A very fast forgiving target bow with a very light riser designed to be shot with long stabs with heavy tip weights. Keeping the weight in the hand down to a reasonable level but making the bow much more stable. Tip ot tip lenght about 46".

·
Urban Archery
3,813 Posts
Past: I totally loved my PSE Fire Flight Elite in black Hammertone with Hoyt energy fast flight wheels. Shot some monster scores with that. Wish I had not sold it. If I find another in that colour I'll buy it. I wouldn't shoot it, just admire it.

Present: Bowtech Alligence. Love it. Would like to add a Black Switchback to the collection, but would still shoot the Bowtech.

Future: Sure I will change. However I will be looking first at the Bowtech range. Simply love this bow.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
past, present, future

past: ole blacky.. Martin Lynx XRG..I still have this bow
present: PSE Shark NRG ...it's awesome...Martin Panther-Hunting Bow
Future: ? another shark? possibly an allegiance....or an ultratec? we'll see

·
Registered
838 Posts
Past bow was a PSE spirit I killed my first deer with it present bows are XI pennical, Bear Grizzly recurve, and a Shrinski longbow. {note that the string on the XI broke last week} future will be a Hoyt X-tec

1 - 20 of 39 Posts