Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
There is a ''Personal'' option that you should be able to send it as a gift which there is no fees taken out. I dont know why guys charge the 3% when it can be done this way.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
In addition to the regular fee paypal now charges a foreign currency transaction fee.

If they can gouge you, they will.

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
There is a ''Personal'' option that you should be able to send it as a gift which there is no fees taken out. I dont know why guys charge the 3% when it can be done this way.
when you pay as a gift you have no paypal protection if you dont recieve your item .

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In addition to the regular fee paypal now charges a foreign currency transaction fee.

If they can gouge you, they will.
They have always charged the foreign currency transaction fee, everytime we have bought anything from the States with paypal we have been slugged with a fee on the exchange.

What they actually do is give you a lower exchange rate than the real exchange rate, they usually slug us 3% on this end and slug the other person on the other end 3% as well, so they actually get 6% on foreign currency deals.

Woody

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So can anyone tell me if the fee is still 3% or if it's risen lately ???

I am about to do a deal with a guy and he wants me to pay the fee, I told him that I thought it was 3%, but I just want to be sure so I don't end up with any hassles on the deal !

Thanks

Woody

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Its 3% the last time I got payed it paypal but that was about a month agao and it was a us to us deal.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Because then you have no recourse should things go bad, it was a gift with no obligation on the other persons part.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I KNOW you don't get much help from Paypal even when they get PAID there fees.Lost over $400 on my daughters Bday present from a store.Never received item or my $ back.Between me and my wife on ebay well over 1,000 Paypal transactions I wouldn't worry about Paypal fees for help.I maybe wrong but I believe there is different percentages as the $ goes up.:thumbs_do

1 - 13 of 13 Posts