Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the second time in three months, using the classifieds for selling, I have had the buyer tell me they need my full name and country of origin to make payment. (supposedly a message from PP)

I contacted PP, they said this is not true, I only need to provide my Email address. Anyone else have issues like this, with buyers trying to pay using PP ?

·
Registered
119 Posts
As a buyer I have had PayPal require the seller's name and country twice in the last ~4 months. Once, when I made a typo when entering the seller's email address. The second, not sure what was going on but my payment got held up for several days before I ended up canceling it and retrying (no name was required the second time.)

If I were you, I'd have the buyer log out of PayPal, log back in, and make sure they have the right email address. Good luck.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
I've dealt with it before. I think it was new PP members verification.

Cant remember what I did. But I don't recall it being a issue.

·
Registered
476 Posts
It happens when PP doesn't recognize the email address used for the seller. If you get that notice make sure the seller gave you the correct email with no typos, or if your the seller double check the email you gave the buyer and make sure they put it in correctly

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
i had the exact thing happen to me the other day, transaction went fine.

·
Registered
17,749 Posts
I only had that when I typed in wrong email or was sending FF way

·
Hunter of many things
12,158 Posts
I've dealt with it before. I think it was new PP members verification.

Cant remember what I did. But I don't recall it being a issue.
Yup, I just had that happen last week. Paypal was just doing some verification on the email address.

·
Registered
25,021 Posts
I've never had this happen, but always copy & paste the sellers email address from our PM conversations. Unless PP randomly requests this as a security measure, it is new to me.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Old thread, but as mentioned more than a couple times above, it's usually because you have an incorrect address.

I just went through this last week, and actually mentioned it in a different thread. I sent the seller a note when it happened, he sent me his phone number, we talked for a couple minutes and realized that the email address (PayPal account) was slightly off. Once I fixed that, PayPal didn't ask for the verification any longer, and it went right through.

·
El Cool Arrow >>---->
9,751 Posts
It happens but not often.... Never had an issue with it though, but logging in and out did not resolve you have to enter their information.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
And welcome to AT there Ace, I see it's your first post. 👍

Be careful with the "Recommended Reading" that pops up at the bottom of the page, AT likes to throw years-old stuff back up.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Looks like just an email inconsistency problem. It would however make you Leary with all the scams that go on now a days though

·
Registered
1 Posts
You did the right thing by contacting the customer. There is a lot of fraud takes place in e-commerce at the moment.
Once, I ordered some stores online. After entering my credit card details, I’ve got a phone call. Someone wanted to “double-check” my credit card details and the code on the backside of the card for online payments. I was fortunate because I’ve completely forgotten that code and automatically told them my old one. Later, I contacted the store again to let them know about my mistake, and they said to me that they never call anyone. So, I had to report that call to the police.
I now see that some stores implemented a new verification system and protection from fraud, such as https://covery.ai/products/ethoca-chargeback-prevention/. I think it’s a great idea to protect your customers and yourself.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts