Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
74,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Refunds.

Deal says refund pending. Its been pending sense March 14th. Does this mean he doesnt have the funds in the account?

What to do?
DB

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
Per Paypals Website::
Question :Why is my refund pending?
Answer:There were insufficient funds in your seller's PayPal account to cover the payment. The refund is now being funded with an electronic funds transfer from the seller's bank account. This refund will remain pending until the bank account transfer has been completed.
quick answer from Paypal..
Hours of service:
4:00 AM PST to 10:00 PM PST Monday through Friday
6:00 AM PST to 8:00 PM PST Saturday and Sunday
For general PayPal account inquiries, please call us toll-free at:
1-888-221-1161

·
74,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Purchased bow with paypal

are you the refunder or owed the refund?

Seller said the bow was stolen. Finlly sent me a refund on the 14th. Still says pending today.
DB

·
74,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the phone number

Per Paypals Website::
Question :Why is my refund pending?
Answer:There were insufficient funds in your seller's PayPal account to cover the payment. The refund is now being funded with an electronic funds transfer from the seller's bank account. This refund will remain pending until the bank account transfer has been completed.
quick answer from Paypal..
Hours of service:
4:00 AM PST to 10:00 PM PST Monday through Friday
6:00 AM PST to 8:00 PM PST Saturday and Sunday
For general PayPal account inquiries, please call us toll-free at:
1-888-221-1161

Ill try and call this number and find out what the promblem is. Im thinking there no funds there to get:mad: He wanted fastpayment. Figures.
DB

·
Enhanced Mutant
6,128 Posts
DB doesn't sound good. Did you pay from your bank account or a credit card.
Reason I ask is the credit cards will go after your money for you in case of fraud. Paypal NOT SO MUCH. Good luck. Sounds like there is a little more bad dealing around than usual.

·
74,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bank Account

DB doesn't sound good. Did you pay from your bank account or a credit card.
Reason I ask is the credit cards will go after your money for you in case of fraud. Paypal NOT SO MUCH. Good luck. Sounds like there is a little more bad dealing around than usual.
Ill get my money back. You guys know you wouldnt want me after you:wink:
Ill let the mods notify him first and do it the right way.
DB

·
74,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im trying to contact paypal

I would file a dispute on paypal also! Freeze his Paypal account so no transaction's can be made until you get it resolved..

This will be my first choice.
DB

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
File a dispute but then contact paypal too.
Diputes can be closed without you ever knowing it by paypal personell.
I was given a bad address to paypal once (the guy mispelled his own email addy :confused:) and lost out on $75. I filed a dispute to be closed by paypal 2 times before I finally called them and they looked into it more and say the mistake; I was finally refunded my money a month later.

There automated responses will kill ya, It's best to call em and let them know what is going on.

·
74,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks

File a dispute but then contact paypal too.
Diputes can be closed without you ever knowing it by paypal personell.
I was given a bad address to paypal once (the guy mispelled his own email addy :confused:) and lost out on $75. I filed a dispute to be closed by paypal 2 times before I finally called them and they looked into it more and say the mistake; I was finally refunded my money a month later.

There automated responses will kill ya, It's best to call em and let them know what is going on.

I have no address for this member. Email address only.
Thanks
DB

·
Registered
769 Posts
I sell alot of items on ebay. Sometimes it can take awhile for funds to clear the bank and end up at paypal. Also takes alot longer if he is from canada. But do file a dispute asap with paypal dont drag your feet.

·
BIRD HUNTER
11,207 Posts
did you pay with paypal funds or credit card or your bank, If you paid with credit card , contact the credit card company and they will refund you.Paypal will only refund you if they can recover it. for this reson I alway use my credit card

·
Registered
753 Posts
Ditto Mikedgates

DB, I believe we shared some threads about this and Money Orders and COD etc....If you use credit card funding on your paypal, you have 2 avenues of recourse...Only way to go IMO.....

I had someone hack into my Paypal account and transfer funds from my checking account to the tune of 600.00 last August. Paypal made it right inside of a week, but that's a little bit different... If you haven't yet filed the dispute with PP as previously mentioned...GITERDONE!

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Just guessing,but based on alot of problems with dealing with paypal,the seller you are dealing with has no money in his bank account for paypal to attach and refund you your money.If after 45 days they still can't recover your money they close the request for funds and send you a nice little email telling you that and there really is nothing else legally they can do from that point.

Paypal makes it easier to send and recieve money when dealing with honest people, but unless you use a credit card to send money it is not any safer than money orders or cashiers checks sent by certified return receipt mail.

I have had this happen twice on Ebay,once over a year ago now,never got a dime back, and paypal will not pursue it,nor will Ebay.I was lucky and it was only a small amount of $$$ involved.

I will only use paypal if I pay through them with a credit card that way I can get my account refunded.

Good luck,dig in and at least get your $$$ worth of aggravation out of the guy if he does not anti up a refund!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
YOU ARE VERY WRONG ABOUT CREDIT CARD PURCHASES THRU PAYPAL_ THERE IS ONLY PROTECTION FOR EBAY TRANSACTIONS PLAIN AND SIMPLE. Paypal only has buyer protection if the sale was made in EBAY. If the sale was out of ebay it is up to the seller. Paypal cannot force him to pay you or force him to transfer the funds. You see if the seller stiffs paypal paypal pays you out of their insurance fund but will only do that if the sale was thru ebay. I lost $900 a while ago and learned the process the hard way. Credit card is not a sure thing thru paypal at all. The reason is if you read the paypal contract you aggreed to there is language in there which you agreed to which limits your rights to charge backs from the credit card company. You see the Credit card co's don't like people authorizing payments without a signature. Especially when the seller is not an authorized buisness where the credit card co can go after their bank accounts and take legal action. The credit card co's have special agreements with mail order companies and internet companies which process payments all the time but those companies have signed specific contracts with the credt card companies allowing them to process chargebacks. Paypal had to put that disclaimer in there to cover the credit card companies. That is why there is no protection on paypal for non ebay transactions period. YOUR SELLER DID NOT SIGN ANYTHING WHICH STATES HE WOULD ALLOW CHARGEBACKS TO HIS BANK ACCOUNT. You are mistaken if you beleive there is. It is all up to the seller if he wants he can easily keep your money. ITS A SHAME BUT I LEARNED THE HARD WAY!!!!! DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT PAY BY PAYPAL FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN EBAY TRANSACTIONS UNLESS IT IS A REAL COMPANY IN THAT CASE DON"T USE PAYPAL JUST LET THEM BILL YOUR CREDIT CARD.Its also a judgement call low value items are often worth the risk but only you can determine what low value is. Paypal is now owned by ebay and that is the reason they protect ebay transactions and not any others. Ebay had to do this so their clients had a way to buy items and be protected. This was very smart buisness for ebay. It works great for ebay and I will continue to use it on ebay but not for anything else period.Ebay and paypal can afford to offer buyer protection because they charge the seller a fee to use theirt services. ARchery Talk makes no $ off these sales so it would be unreasonable to expect AT to do anything they set up these classifieds as a courtesy to us and I greatly appreciate their efforts. I hate to say this but when it comes to sales over $100 I dont trust anyone I can't be guarenteed a refund from. Sorry!

·
74,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the advise

Buyer beware on the internet for sure. No garantees.

Guys paypal no garantee for sure. Ill do whatever I need to do to get my money back. :wink: I have a few good resources. :wink: I have helped many recover there here over the years. Go to paypalsucks.com and read the horror stories.
DB

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
YOU ARE VERY WRONG ABOUT CREDIT CARD PURCHASES THRU PAYPAL_ THERE IS ONLY PROTECTION FOR EBAY TRANSACTIONS PLAIN AND SIMPLE. Paypal only has buyer protection if the sale was made in EBAY. If the sale was out of ebay it is up to the seller. Paypal cannot force him to pay you or force him to transfer the funds. You see if the seller stiffs paypal paypal pays you out of their insurance fund but will only do that if the sale was thru ebay. I lost $900 a while ago and learned the process the hard way. Credit card is not a sure thing thru paypal at all. The reason is if you read the paypal contract you aggreed to there is language in there which you agreed to which limits your rights to charge backs from the credit card company. You see the Credit card co's don't like people authorizing payments without a signature. Especially when the seller is not an authorized buisness where the credit card co can go after their bank accounts and take legal action. The credit card co's have special agreements with mail order companies and internet companies which process payments all the time but those companies have signed specific contracts with the credt card companies allowing them to process chargebacks. Paypal had to put that disclaimer in there to cover the credit card companies. That is why there is no protection on paypal for non ebay transactions period. YOUR SELLER DID NOT SIGN ANYTHING WHICH STATES HE WOULD ALLOW CHARGEBACKS TO HIS BANK ACCOUNT. You are mistaken if you beleive there is. It is all up to the seller if he wants he can easily keep your money. ITS A SHAME BUT I LEARNED THE HARD WAY!!!!! DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT PAY BY PAYPAL FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN EBAY TRANSACTIONS UNLESS IT IS A REAL COMPANY IN THAT CASE DON"T USE PAYPAL JUST LET THEM BILL YOUR CREDIT CARD.Its also a judgement call low value items are often worth the risk but only you can determine what low value is. Paypal is now owned by ebay and that is the reason they protect ebay transactions and not any others. Ebay had to do this so their clients had a way to buy items and be protected. This was very smart buisness for ebay. It works great for ebay and I will continue to use it on ebay but not for anything else period.Ebay and paypal can afford to offer buyer protection because they charge the seller a fee to use theirt services. ARchery Talk makes no $ off these sales so it would be unreasonable to expect AT to do anything they set up these classifieds as a courtesy to us and I greatly appreciate their efforts. I hate to say this but when it comes to sales over $100 I dont trust anyone I can't be guarenteed a refund from. Sorry!
Not really sure which CC you are talking about ,but in one experience I had with paypal and my CC the CC refunded to my Card account ASAP when I contacted them.

Hope it works out for ya DB.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.