Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i usually dont do bow reviews on here, but i felt this one was definately necessary. Fist off I was on here a couple weeks ago & came across a picture of a pearson, So for some reason i went to there website & checked them out. I had always knew about pearson bows but never gave them any thought. I started checking out the new legend for my hunting bow, After searching them on here & watching you tube videos about this bow I really wanted one. So as I searched around I came across Juniors Outdoors & sent him a PM, he said he could order me one. So I sent him a Mo & he had the bow in my hands from the factory in about a week :eek: I cant say enough about the customer service. Ok back to the bow:

The draw is SMOOTH I mean smooth as the Z7 I had. But remember we are comparing Binarys to single cam ;) It is smoother then my Z28 Which i thought was great for a binary cam.

The draw length is spot on.

This this is whisper quiet, quieter then my Z7, very comparable to a Guardian.

The Grip is wider than I am used to but I love it for some reason, it feels great, plus the velvet stuff on the back of it is also a nice addition.

On the shot there is a little hint if vibration & I mean just a hint. I put my fuse stab on theer & it is dead as dead could be. Again it reminded me of my Z7.

The Stage 1 Strings are also great I have not had a problem yet, But I have not put my peep in, still I highly doubt there will be any rotation. The quality looks great.

Ok, So I pull the bow out of the box & am amazed @ how nice the fit & finish is. I then adjusted the draw stops a tiny bit to give it a little more valley. I threw a whisker biscuit & d loop on it to shoot it a few times to settle the strings. Then i threw my sights, stabilizer, and my code red on it, put it in the press, tied in my cord once I had it timed properly. Now here I go to start paper tuning, this can make or break a bow for me, So i shoot it & a perfect bullet hole on the first shot :teeth: that was just by eyeballing it, Im still amazed by that. I will throw in my peep & go shoot some groups now. Im shooting 60# and 27" draw ,I will chrono it later for those of you who are interested in speed. Pearson needs more attention then it is getting. It is my favorite bow so far & I have owned probably 20 bows in the last 3 years & have shot all of the 2010's from the popular name brands.

Thans for you who read this & thanks Juniors Outdoors :thumbs_up

Attachments

·
edthearcher
6,458 Posts
back in the 80s and 90 pearson was one of the top bow companys in the country
I would like to see them take back a share of the market

·
Registered
251 Posts
great review i dont see why pearsons are so overlooked i mean if there were more dealers it would probably be aot better they the biggest name around here and there is only one shop

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Glad you like it and glad I could be of service. Great review by the way! The Legend is definitely a sweet bow. Ben Pearson bows can definitely hold their own with any of the big boys. I am currently shooting the Ben Pearson Advantage, but I'd really love to set one of the Legends up for 3D and leave the Advantage for field. Hope you enjoy it.

·
Jeremy
809 Posts
Ok i usually dont do bow reviews on here, but i felt this one was definately necessary. Fist off I was on here a couple weeks ago & came across a picture of a pearson, So for some reason i went to there website & checked them out. I had always knew about pearson bows but never gave them any thought. I started checking out the new legend for my hunting bow, After searching them on here & watching you tube videos about this bow I really wanted one. So as I searched around I came across Juniors Outdoors & sent him a PM, he said he could order me one. So I sent him a Mo & he had the bow in my hands from the factory in about a week :eek: I cant say enough about the customer service. Ok back to the bow:

The draw is SMOOTH I mean smooth as the Z7 I had. But remember we are comparing Binarys to single cam ;) It is smoother then my Z28 Which i thought was great for a binary cam.

The draw length is spot on.

This this is whisper quiet, quieter then my Z7, very comparable to a Guardian.

The Grip is wider than I am used to but I love it for some reason, it feels great, plus the velvet stuff on the back of it is also a nice addition.

On the shot there is a little hint if vibration & I mean just a hint. I put my fuse stab on theer & it is dead as dead could be. Again it reminded me of my Z7.

The Stage 1 Strings are also great I have not had a problem yet, But I have not put my peep in, still I highly doubt there will be any rotation. The quality looks great.

Ok, So I pull the bow out of the box & am amazed @ how nice the fit & finish is. I then adjusted the draw stops a tiny bit to give it a little more valley. I threw a whisker biscuit & d loop on it to shoot it a few times to settle the strings. Then i threw my sights, stabilizer, and my code red on it, put it in the press, tied in my cord once I had it timed properly. Now here I go to start paper tuning, this can make or break a bow for me, So i shoot it & a perfect bullet hole on the first shot :teeth: that was just by eyeballing it, Im still amazed by that. I will throw in my peep & go shoot some groups now. Im shooting 60# and 27" draw ,I will chrono it later for those of you who are interested in speed. Pearson needs more attention then it is getting. It is my favorite bow so far & I have owned probably 20 bows in the last 3 years & have shot all of the 2010's from the popular name brands.

Thans for you who read this & thanks Juniors Outdoors :thumbs_up

Thanks for the review, Glad you like your bow

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the compliments guys. I have sighted it in to 50yds so far & this thing is a tack driver. Love shooting it.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I kept finding myself goin outside to keep shooting.
I have the same issue with mine. It is just a joy to shoot. Glad to see you picked one up. Everyone talks about sleeper bows, and this bow is for sure one. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anyone know where i can get a camo hat like on the home page of benpearson.com?

·
Registered
969 Posts
I am shooting a 2008 Z34 R2B2 for 3D and field. It is a great bow. Plenty fast, very quiet, zero hand shock, and very accurate. By far the nicest bow I have owned. I don't feel the need to stick with one company, but if I find a product I like, I will stick with it-I may just stick with Pearson for a while.

CG

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
wish I could get one in 80 pounds seems they only offer them up to 70

1 - 20 of 34 Posts