Archery Talk Forum banner

Pearson Owners Support Club

5928 Views 103 Replies 37 Participants Last post by  Smoke-Walker09
Maybe we should start a Pearson Relief Support Club. If there initials were AIG they could money from the Govt.

Seriously, could Pearson be bought by us common people. For an example if i were to invest say $2000.00, that would give me 1% ownereship and Joe Cool down the road would invest $2000.00 and assume 1% ownership and so on and so on. Southwest airlines is owned by their employees, couldn't that be done with Pearson. I just figure some guys on AT here could help front enough money to reorganize. I'm not sure what kind of Cost were talking here with Pearson, but there could be a different scenario out there.???????????????

Anybody have thoughts on this Pipe dream? A lawyer out there?
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

· Registered
4,469 Posts
My birthday is coming up, and some of you guys have never bought me a dang thing :D If each of you on AT would send me $10.00 for my birthday, I'll buy Pearson :thumb:

· Registered
2007 BEAR INSTINCT
5,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My birthday is coming up, and some of you guys have never bought me a dang thing :D If each of you on AT would send me $10.00 for my birthday, I'll buy Pearson :thumb:
hah, that was good.

Send me your address, i somehow lost it.

Great idea to put together a public group.

· Unregistered User
1,748 Posts
Maybe we should start a Pearson Relief Support Club. If there initials were AIG they could money from the Govt.

Seriously, could Pearson be bought by us common people. For an example if i were to invest say $2000.00, that would give me 1% ownereship and Joe Cool down the road would invest $2000.00 and assume 1% ownership and so on and so on. Southwest airlines is owned by their employees, couldn't that be done with Pearson. I just figure some guys on AT here could help front enough money to reorganize. I'm not sure what kind of Cost were talking here with Pearson, but there could be a different scenario out there.???????????????

Anybody have thoughts on this Pipe dream? A lawyer out there?
So the company would be going public? As in stock market?

· Registered
3,953 Posts
I just bought my first Pearson and love it. I shot 3 other brands but chose the TX-4, because it was simply the smoothest. I sure hope they don't go out of business now. I have no idea how a multi person investors group would work though.

· Registered
2007 BEAR INSTINCT
5,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
So the company would be going public? As in stock market?

Sure, going public

I don't know if it is large enough to be traded on the stock market. I don't have that kinda knowledge.

A public archer owned company. A multi person investors group.

Profit sharing plan would be included
(i'm V.P. of Sales & Marketing for a 12 million dollar equipment company) That position would be covered. I oversee a sales team between the two stores.

It's intriguing to get something going

Any lawyers out there to check into to it? It probably is to late to assemble a group. Carolyn at Pearson has told me that there have be several groups there poking around. Most likely there is something going on about acquiring Pearson.
Any more info would be greatly appreciated.

I certainly wouldn't want to pay anybody that is currently under contract for cams / designs that has already bailed out. I think you can close the company for a short time and reopen under a different DBA and not have to assume the debt. Anybody know?

I heard on here that a dealer said in Alabama that there is virtually no presence of pearson. It's the same thing for Darton, not alot of presence here in michigan. I find it really odd that the home states for these companies could be their weakest sale #'s. Amazing.

· Registered
2007 BEAR INSTINCT
5,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just wish I could win the Lotto so I could buy it! And I would work for them for only $1 a year and live off my lotto winnings. That would be a dream job.

No kidding, that would be perfect.

I went to college on a golf scholarship in Alabama, very pretty state. Nice mild winter temps, better than michigan.

My z-34 is on it's way back from pearson, they put a new riser on it. Awesome service!!! Camo was peeling off.

· home of Tim's Taxidermy
1,465 Posts
does any of the pearson fans on here know the spec of the pearson solo? i know the string is 92" and the cable is 40" but i'm trying to find out the axel to axel and the brace height.....thank you

· Registered
3,311 Posts
But can you see 100 people from Archerytalk fighting over what we are going to do and how we will do it...?? You can't get 30 people from here to agree on anything.:eek:
Nice idea but there would be too many invested interests there.

· Registered
3,311 Posts
$250,000 might buy one CNC machine or two....depending on the brand and model.
I don't think they need to buy equipment....I think they just need money to keep the production flowing and keep the employes paid.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.