Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wanting to know which is a better bow the tx-4, or the z-32? What are the pros and cons of both of them? I have never shot a pearson, and I am thinking of getting one.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Both are great bows, but they do differ on a couple of fronts.

The first is speed. The Z-32 is rated at 332 fps and the TX-4 is rated at 342+++++. Realistically, you'll be getting much better than 342 fps with the TX-4.

The brace height is also different on these two bows. The Z-32 has a 7.25" brace height and the TX-4 has a 6.25" brace height.

The draw cycle will be very similar, as will the wall and valley. The good thing with both of these bows has to do with the valley. An easy sell when guys come in the shop is to have them draw back the Pearson R2B2 cam bow and then have them do a slow let down. On many other bows, once you creep a bit, the bow is gone. Not so with the R2B2 cam Pearsons. I have had many customers look at me and ask if it's locked up or something as they wait for it to go on them. Nope, just one of the best valleys in the industry.

I don't think that you can go wrong with either. The axle to axle difference is only 1.5", so I think that the main consideration for you should be the speed and brace height.

Hope this helps and if you need anything, please pm me. Thanks,
Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts