Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new to archery, I bought my first bow about a year ago the Pearson z-34. I’m not really interested in buying a new bow but build off this one being it’s my first bow. I’ve seen a couple threads about the R2B2 cams. Does anyone have any advice or information on what I could do to make the bow better, what’s the best cams I could put on the bow. I just had some ghost strings ordered. It currently has the solo cam. Any advice or information would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Pearson made quality bows, and that is a classic shooter. New strings is always a great start, then add quality accessories from there. I would not worry about making it a dual cam at this point as that bow with a solo cam should be plenty for a great starter bow. If you find out later that you want a faster bow, then you could look at some different used bows. What pound limbs does it have on it, and you should post a picture of the bow to show it off.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
I like elk!
18,499 Posts
The z-34 rocked!
Had a TX-4? With r2b2 but honestly can’t remember their nuances.
I do remember shooting ridiculous groups with my z-34, awesome bow as is (solo-cam)

·
Back Yard Champion
29,778 Posts
The Z34 was a solid shooter. IBO was 316 fps. 33 1/2" ata. Brace Height of 7 1/2". String length 91 11/16". Cable 35 1/2". Limbs were from Barnsdale. The single cams had interchangeable modules - 1/2" increments 27" to 30 1/2"

Pearson is no longer in business. Closed 3 years ago. Even then parts would have been hard pressed to obtain as all changed. By the last bows made you'd need the LS4 cams and correct modules.

I have a few modules, but in longer draw lengths. I have a set of R2B2 cams. I'd have to look, but 28 or 28 1/2". Mine have both draw stops. I have the timing procedure here somewhere. Set of 60 pounds limbs.
I use to work for a Pearson Dealer and then shot for Pearson from 2012 until Pearson closed.........

The R2B2 cams increases speed, but a pain to time. These were draw length specific cams - 1/2" allowing for secondary pegs. So 28" to 28 1/2" inch just with switching pegs.
The Z34 with R2B2 cams had a IBO of 332 fps.

My original TX4 was outstanding, R2B2 cams. 62 pounds maxed out. Accuracy outstanding. 28", 62 pounds and IBO arrow hit 310 fps. Top out the TX4 had a 342+ fps IBO....

R2B2 cams.JPG

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I love solo cams and believe I would like to have a z-34.

·
Back Yard Champion
29,778 Posts
I love solo cams and believe I would like to have a z-34.

Working for a dealer me got to shoot a lot of them. All of them for 2008 and 2009. The Z34 and TX4 with single cams were outstanding. TX4 with single cam cranked 330 fps after Pearson slowed it up. Rumors and one staff shooter claimed 350 fps at the factory. Why it was slowed down no one seems to know.
Some of us got to try the TX4 with single cam at Presley's Outdoors First Midwest open. Awesome was the 70 pound bow drawing like it was 60 pounds.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Those sound like the good ole days. My speed days are over, smooth and accurate are all I look for these days. Pearson sounds like one of the good guys company.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If y’all could give me anymore information on the bow that would cool too, I bought it second hand from my buddies dad, I plan on taking it hunting this year with me. The sight I have is a Rocky Mountain 5 pin. Stabilizer is a CBE torx 7” and I have a drop away trophy taker, I’m planning on getting the trophy taker smack down pro rest when my gas strings come in. I’m learning as a go, through forums and my local shop. I honestly did not think anybody would respond back to me about an older bow. Thank you for the feedback.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts