Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a newe string put on. The guy at the shop told me to come back if my peep twist's. At full draw I have to bend my neck slightly in to view the pins. I've shot maybe 50 or 60 shots. Should I take it in now or wait longer to shoot in the new strings?

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
I'd get the peep height taken care of. Moving it up or down will rotate it, so it'll need turned then. If it's a good string it should be ready to make fine adjustments.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
If you have to tilt your head fwd or backwards your peep is to high or to low. I always have the shooter draw with their eyes closed. Once you find your anchor point and get comfy, open your eyes. Then adjust the peep to where it needs to be. You want everything set up to you, not the other way around. like stated above. If you do have to move the peep it will change the point of rotation and need to be adjusted by either twisting the string or rotation of the loop on the string to bring the peep back straight.

·
It's in da hole!
1,676 Posts
I would go ahead and blank bail it another 50 shots. Then bring it in yo get adjusted. If it is a quality string probably dont need the extra shot but it cant hurt.

·
Marty in Badgerland
5,291 Posts
If you have to tilt your head fwd or backwards your peep is to high or to low. I always have the shooter draw with their eyes closed. Once you find your anchor point and get comfy, open your eyes. Then adjust the peep to where it needs to be. You want everything set up to you, not the other way around. like stated above. If you do have to move the peep it will change the point of rotation and need to be adjusted by either twisting the string or rotation of the loop on the string to bring the peep back straight.
+1 - this is good advice!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually, waht I'm seeing is this. The string seems to be right of the pins, Do you think I need to move my rest??

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
Rest adjustments are only made to correct bad arrow flight. Nothing else. In other words, if the bow's tuned to clean, consistent arrow flight moving the rest is just de-tuning the bow, right? If there are cables in your view, just get a better engineered bow next time.

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Actually, waht I'm seeing is this. The string seems to be right of the pins, Do you think I need to move my rest??
No. the string being to the right of the pins is normal. Don't move the rest or you'll mess up your centershot and arrow flight IF the bow was papertuned.

·
THwack--CRASH
11,173 Posts
No. the string being to the right of the pins is normal. Don't move the rest or you'll mess up your centershot and arrow flight IF the bow was papertuned.

^^^^^^this is true!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts