Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to start shooting with my glasses on .like to not have the verifier anymore. as of now when i shoot im looking over the top of my glasses . im not talking ancher points or anything like that but what is some of the heights you guys are setting your peeps at to look through your glasses?

·
World & National Champion
33,999 Posts
It shouldn't change with/without glasses. I shoot 3 3/4" both ways. I"m guessing most will be 4 1/2" or more though.
www.60xcustomstrings.com

·
Dbl lung em'
2,696 Posts
I shoot with may glasses on. If your looking over your glasses,to me it sounds like peep height may be off (low). Just a guess. String angle comes in to play also. My bows a.t.a. is 35" and with a 31"dl it's not that sharp of an angle. I'm thinking from my loop to my peep is 6".

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
With glasses or contacts center of D loop to peep 6 1/2"

·
THwack--CRASH
11,173 Posts
every bow will be different.....all will be close to each other ,but no two the same.

·
Registered
51,134 Posts
Agree with or without doesn't matter. If you have to adjust your head and sight picture with glasses then you do not have the peep correctly set to begin with. If you wear progressive bifocals then this becomes very critical that the peep is set very correctly so your not looking through the bifocal, which with progressives takes up the bottom half of the lense from side to side.
By the way there is no measuerment to set the height at as each bow and each person is different.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
One of the biggest factors in peep height is "how long your neck is" along with "draw length", "anchor point", and "ATA of the bow" --- which all together equates to "everyone will be a little different".

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi, here is my two cents worth of info.

Two of our club members also use glasses. When shooting with the bow and looking in the corner of the glasses everything is blurred. Especially the frontsight. They found a peep with a lens insert with about 3 lenses of different magnification. They swear by it. Talk to your local shop to see if they can assist you.

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
Changing your peep height will change your form, won't it?

It may be that what needs changing is your glasses. I shoot with un-fashionably large lensed glasses. Almost aviator style, so that I don't have peep issues.

Best of luck to you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts