Archery Talk Forum banner

Peep Help.

404 Views 5 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  scammell
Hello, was needing a little help getting my peep rotation fixed. The string is a Vapor Trail string and it is been shot about a 100 times or so. The peep is turned left when standing behind the bow and after every shot it is in the same spot. Can I twist or untwist string to get it right? If so which end of the string would be the best to work with? Any help would be great.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5,550 Posts
Yes you can twist the string. It really depends on how much it is off though. If it is off like a quarter turn then I would twist from the bottom of the string. However if it is just a little off , then you would be better off swapping a strand from each side of the peep to get it aligned correctly.

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes you can twist the string. It really depends on how much it is off though. If it is off like a quarter turn then I would twist from the bottom of the string. However if it is just a little off , then you would be better off swapping a strand from each side of the peep to get it aligned correctly.
Its just off a quater turn or a little less. How do I do the strands?

· Registered
5,550 Posts
To swap the strands you will need a bow press. What you do is after you have pressed the bow. Since you said the peep is turned to the left , you take one of the strands fron the right side of the peep and pull it over to the left side of the peep going on top the the peep. Then you pull one of the strands from the left side of the peep and going underneath the peep , transfer it over to the right side of the peep. This is how you get a peep to align up for you when even a half twist on the string is too much, then you have to transfer strands from one side of peep to the other.

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To swap the strands you will need a bow press. What you do is after you have pressed the bow. Since you said the peep is turned to the left , you take one of the strands fron the right side of the peep and pull it over to the left side of the peep going on top the the peep. Then you pull one of the strands from the left side of the peep and going underneath the peep , transfer it over to the right side of the peep. This is how you get a peep to align up for you when even a half twist on the string is too much, then you have to transfer strands from one side of peep to the other.

Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.