Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. Just got a new peep put in yesterday at my local proshop. I think its a Fletcher Tru-PEEP but i'm not sure.

My problem is this: Does this peep need to be tied/served in?

The guy at the pro shop just put it in the string and handed my bow back to me. There is no thread tied around any part of the peep.

Is this right?

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
The peep needs to be tied in. Take it back and ask them to do it for you. They probably just overlooked it. :)

Bowgal

·
Registered
102 Posts
At a minimum, you should probably tie some serving around the peep to keep it from flying out, bouncing off the riser, and hitting you in the eye. I like to start serving at the top, going down far enough to hold the peep firmly in place, then put in some turns around one side of the split until I get to the peep. Then I wrap several turns around the peep itself, finishing with a similar wrap around the other side of the split. I'm sure there's a photo of this if you search the forum.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I'll be sure to take it over right away. Darn me and my peep paranoia.. One of these days, I've gotta start tieing my own in :p

·
Registered
158 Posts
I would recommend not shooting that bow until you tie in the peep. Frank Pearson has one imbedded in his ceiling that wasn't tied in. It can ricochet off a limb or riser and ruin your day if it comes out. Just a wrap or two around the supplied groove with #2 dacron thread is sufficient for my needs. Cheap insurance. :)

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts