Archery Talk Forum banner

Peep Pressure..

965 25
Ok this might be funny as hell to you.. But for me yea its funny but the most annyoing thing...

I got such bad peep rotation... i got one of those i think its called G5 Peeps...

OK.. i got such bad peep rotation.. that when i draw back.. this thing starts spinning like the girls head on the exorcist and i get like a 3 second time frame to take a shot. its like the dam bow should of came with a turkey timer.. LOL.. Im under so much pressure on the time i have to take the shot.. Now when i get the peep in the right spot (times limited on that one) i punish the x.. But if i catch the peep too late im all over the place.. THIS DAM PEEP ROTATION IS KILLING ME>> now i know i got at least 120 shots through this bow.. and its not as bad as it was 2 weeks ago.. But dam.. Its like the bow ownes me and it only gives me a certain time to shoot..

I know ,...get a new string and so on.. but dam.. what the hell.. IM FRUSTRATED>>>!! And i hate to blame the bow for a crappy shot but all my crappy shots are when the peep is messed up. People tell me my bow is a "2 man operarion".. LOL its funny but dam..
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dam.. i mean pse cant put a string on that is decent? .. why is it that when most people buy a bow they have to change the string so fast.. with my "more cheaper" bear lights out.. NO peep rotation.. i go to the more "expensive" pse and get all these problems.

· Registered
1,538 Posts
Does your peep start out at 1:00 o'clock, usually that would bring it in perfect alignment. I add twist ocationally to keep peep at approx. 1:00 position. Maybe I don't understand what's happening, are you saying the peep just keeps turning the entire time your at full draw? Strange!

· Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it spins like 2 times then lands in a position where im either looking through it on an angle of completly blocked.

· Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dont understand why... need new strings?

· Banned
3,222 Posts
my only thought is ,having the bow pressed, make sure set is twisted to spec length and re-installed.add another turn to allign peep if necessary.If your shooting a D-loop you should be able to manipulate/turn the loop to having the peep lined up right at full draw, if your D is on tight/right.

· Registered
346 Posts
Take it to your local dealer or whoever has a bowpress and is experianced

and have them twist your string.

Right now I have the exact same problem as you and does bug the HELL out

of you but i have just lined up peep exactly so that it ends up in the same

place everytime. MY peep looks backwards..LOL..............:teeth:

· Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yea my bow shops closed today.. ill go see him next weekend. cant wait to get my bow stuff all setup.. i ordered alot of stuff.. all i gotta do is build the press and a bench.. the rest of the stuff i already ordered.. im sick of driving like 45 mins to get 10 dollars of work done.. lol.. not that i DONT LOVE my archery shop tho!

· Full Throttle Baby
2,691 Posts
Are your bow measurements in spec? It sounds to me like the string had a lot more twist put in it than it was built with. I had that happen to me with a string that turned out to be longer than it was supposed to be, and I had added some twist to shorten trying to get the bow in spec. The peep would rotate 360 deg at the end of the draw cycle. Ordered a set of Vapor Trail cables and string and after installing and shooting 20 arrows installed he peep and tuned the bow and still no peep rotation. That was last summer.

· Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yea maybee theres too many twists? not sure.. gotta take it to the bow shop.. i hate it cause i can shoot 6 arrows and destroy the bull.. but thers allways 1 that so out of wack when the peep rotates and i cant get the shot in "in the time frame" that my peep allows me while its turning.. LOL

· Registered
1,275 Posts
Ok this might be funny as hell to you.. But for me yea its funny but the most annyoing thing...

I got such bad peep rotation... i got one of those i think its called G5 Peeps...

OK.. i got such bad peep rotation.. that when i draw back.. this thing starts spinning like the girls head on the exorcist and i get like a 3 second time frame to take a shot. its like the dam bow should of came with a turkey timer.. LOL.. Im under so much pressure on the time i have to take the shot.. Now when i get the peep in the right spot (times limited on that one) i punish the x.. But if i catch the peep too late im all over the place.. THIS DAM PEEP ROTATION IS KILLING ME>> now i know i got at least 120 shots through this bow.. and its not as bad as it was 2 weeks ago.. But dam.. Its like the bow ownes me and it only gives me a certain time to shoot..

I know ,...get a new string and so on.. but dam.. what the hell.. IM FRUSTRATED>>>!! And i hate to blame the bow for a crappy shot but all my crappy shots are when the peep is messed up. People tell me my bow is a "2 man operarion".. LOL its funny but dam..
try this, remove the peep from your bow string. now, you shoot your bow like normal (draw, anchor, aim), but when aiming, as you dont have peep anymore, just aim the target with your sight pin. repeat it again (make sure you has same anchor every time) and see what grouping you get. best is to start from 20yards distance.

· Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
im pretty sure my anchor point is good.. i already did walk back tuning.. i can call it when the peep is wrong... i know its the peep. nothing els.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.